Easyship is revolutionizing logistics for eCommerce. With our all-in-one cloud based shipping software, businesses of all shapes and sizes have the tools needed to scale globally. At Easyship we believe in accelerating borderless commerce. We’re proud that a diversity of small business owners, crowdfunding campaigns, and global brands trust Easyship as their gateway to the world. To learn more about us click here.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Reports to: Lead DevSecOps
Location: London, Remote Europe
Key Relationships: Tech Team, Customer Service Team, Data Team, and Marketing Team
To build and maintain the service on a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform/AWS), which includes developer support, service operation, architecture optimization, and tools enhancement/development. The goal will focus on security, stability, scalability, and availability perspectives.
What you’ll do:
- Apply cloud (GCP/AWS) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Troubleshoot service issues and coordinate with the tech team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Analyze code and communicate detailed reviews to the tech team to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the system architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Follow emerging technologies.
Who you are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field is required.
- 1+ year experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Experience in code deployment tools (Shell scripts/Python/Golang/Terraform).
- Experience in container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in network, server, and application monitoring
- Expertise in software development methodologies
- Working knowledge of known DevSecOps tools like Github Actions or Jenkins
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Problem-solving attitude
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Helm, or Terraform is a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive Equity Package: Earn more than just a competitive salary. Receive equity shares to gain wealth as the company grows.
- Gym & Wellness Reimbursement: Training for a big race? Don’t sweat it. We offer gym reimbursement for all employees.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We think time off is essential… and we encourage it!
- Duvet Day: Perfect for those cold winter days, when you don’t want to escape the warmth of your bed!
- Mental Health Day: You deserve a day off! A chance to recharge and enjoy ‘Me Time’
- 4 weeks of ‘Work from Anywhere’: Whether you’re working from the beautiful beaches in the Bahamas or by the fireplace on your ski trip in Switzerland - just make sure to send us a picture!
- Professional Development: We’re here to help you hit your career goals to help get you where you want to be.
- Company issued laptop: Who wants to work from their personal laptop? Let’s keep work and personal life separate!
- Unlimited Coffee, Drinks & Healthy Snacks: Because we love spoiling our team!
- Annual Team Summit: Got the travel blues? Our all-team summit in Hong Kong is a good place to start.
- Flexible Working: We offer you an autonomous environment to perform at your highest level!
Headquartered in London with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Melbourne, Toronto, and Taipei – our team is global and growing. We encourage you to apply if a challenge excites you. Come and join the Easyship team!
Don't take it from us, take it from Cristina. One of our longest serving backend engineers.