We believe any business should be able to effortlessly ship worldwide, and we work tirelessly to tear down this last barrier of worldwide eCommerce. We have a global workforce that strategically operates from North America, Europe, and Asia, and we’re always looking for talent that will propel our rocket ship even higher. Join our diverse team of operations professionals to revolutionize an old-school industry. Help us build the most complete online shipping portal!
Job Title: Automation Technician
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Gosincro is a 3rd-party logistics provider, offering parcel fulfillment and sortation solutions around the world. Our clients are eCommerce marketplaces that utilize our technology, operations, and courier resources to deliver orders to their customers globally. To learn more about us, click here.
We are looking for an energetic and talented Automation Technician to support our parcel sortation systems in Chicago and LA. You will be responsible for maintaining maximum system uptime by performing regular maintenance, stress testing, and emergency repairs. You will be hands-on with our conveyors, scanners, sorters, automated dimensioning, electrical, and computer equipment.
What you'll do:
- While our vendors will do initial, major install, you will work with them to understand every facet of the systems
- Installation of company software and hardware (i.e. laptops, printers, etc)
- Schedule and perform regular maintenance on all equipment
- Proactively monitor equipment to ensure standards are met for safety compliance and efficiency
- Maintain industry standard certifications and qualifications
- Anticipate risks to system uptime; develop contingency and corrective action plans
- Work with management to implement risk mitigation strategies
AD-HOC & EMERGENCY REPAIR
- First point of contact for assessing hardware and basic software outages
- Lead the resolution of all issues related to hardware and software
- You will be based on-site in our Chicago warehouse for maximum impact
- This role is expected to be (or become) the company Subject Matter Expert (SME) on:
- Belt-over-roller conveyor mechanical and software systems
- Automated dimensioning and weighing systems (both static and dynamic)
- Automated mechanical sortation systems
- Label printers
- Parcel and barcode scanners & imagers
- IT infrastructure: networks, laptop workstations, mobile operating systems
- Xray screening units
- Much, much more….
Who you are:
- Prior experience working in and maintaining a Parcel Sortation facility
- Demonstrated work history in mechanical environments; installing and maintaining both heavy and light equipment.
- Strong communication skills; the ability to turn complex issues & requirements into layman's terms;
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations;
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited University -AND/OR- Certifications of Skills in areas relating to mechanical technician
- Prior experience maintaining complex automation systems
What you'll get:
We offer opportunities that will challenge you to solve real business problems, innovate, and grow in ways that you can’t imagine. If you are talented, ambitious, have a sense of adventure, and are interested in building a global business that’s a leader in the eCommerce space, we invite you to learn more about us and join our team.
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation policy
- Medical Insurance
- Working with a first class global team
- Career Progression