Easyship is revolutionizing logistics for eCommerce. With our all-in-one cloud based shipping software, businesses of all shapes and sizes have the tools needed to scale globally. At Easyship we believe in accelerating borderless commerce. We’re proud that a diversity of small business owners, crowdfunding campaigns, and global brands trust Easyship as their gateway to the world.To learn more about us click here.
Job Title: Data Scientist
Reports to: Head of Data
Location: Remote or London (Hybrid 3x/week)
Key Relationships: Business Development, Customer Success, Product and Engineering teams
Job Purpose: To lead the data engineering initiative at Easyship. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining data warehouse and ETL processes. The role includes designing the data warehouse architecture, ETL process from different data sources. The role is strategically important as it serves the gap between product requirements and data scientists. Currently our data infrastructure is set up on Google Cloud including but not limited to BigQuery, Pubsub, Cloud Composer, Data Studio.. And confirmed plans to integrate Cloud Dataproc, CDC tool and Apache Kafka.
What you’ll do:
- You love Data
You are passionate about improving and building new distributed data pipelines
You are happy to design, build and launch new data models
You have the ability to learn new technologies and frameworks quickly to support company’s growth
You like to work with high autonomy and self-organisation
You will have experience working with cross functional team and defining solutions clearly
Who you are:
High-level proficiency in SQL (Ideally 2+ years experience in writing SQL statements)
Experience with object-oriented programming (Python / Scala / Java) for data manipulation, analysis and automation.
Knowledge of data pipeline, ETL/ELT, workflow management and data warehousing.
Understanding of data modelling techniques e.g. Kimball
Expertise with version control e.g. git
Experience of cloud platforms such as GCP
What you’ll get:
- Competitive Equity Package: Earn more than just a competitive salary. Receive equity shares to gain wealth as the company grows.
- Dental Insurance: Your health and well-being is important to us!
- Gym & Wellness Reimbursement: Training for a big race? Don’t sweat it. We offer gym reimbursement for all employees.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We think time off is essential… and we encourage it!
- Duvet Day: Perfect for those cold winter days, when you don’t want to escape the warmth of your bed!
- Mental Health Day: You deserve a day off! A chance to recharge and enjoy ‘Me Time’
- 4 weeks of ‘Work from Anywhere’: Whether you’re working from the beautiful beaches in the Bahamas or by the fireplace on your ski trip in Switzerland - just make sure to send us a picture!
- Professional Development: We’re here to help you hit your career goals to help get you where you want to be.
- Company issued laptop: Who wants to work from their personal laptop? Let’s keep work and personal life separate!
- Unlimited Coffee, Drinks & Healthy Snacks: Because we love spoiling our team!
- Annual Team Summit: Got the travel blues? Our all-team summit in Hong Kong is a good place to start.
- Flexible Working: We offer you an autonomous environment to perform at your highest level!
Headquartered in London with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Melbourne, Toronto, and Taipei – our team is global and growing. We encourage you to apply if a challenge excites you. Come and join the Easyship team!
You will work closely with our product team. Learn more from our Head of Product, Raph!