Easyship is revolutionizing logistics for eCommerce. With our all-in-one cloud based shipping software, businesses of all shapes and sizes have the tools needed to scale globally. At Easyship we believe in accelerating borderless commerce. We’re proud that a diversity of small business owners, crowdfunding campaigns, and global brands trust Easyship as their gateway to the world. To learn more about us click here.
Job Title: Backend Engineer - Juniors, Mid and Senior.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: London, Taiwan, Remote
Key Relationships: Marketing, Support, Engineering, Product.
To build and maintain the back-end of our web applications, which includes scaling up our RESTful API, optimizing the response time of the API and the proprietary algorithm, and creating a new product that will integrate with the existing platform. Our tech stack is Ruby on Rails, Elixir / Phoenix, PostgresQL ,Redis / Sidekiq, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Git / Github,Docker / K8s / GCP.
What you’ll do:
Participate in the entire product life cycle
Write clean code to develop functional web applications
Drive the development of a new product internally
Provide training and support to internal teams
Work closely with our CTO and product team to establish priorities and manage our technical road-map
Help to mentor junior developers
- Bring new development ideas to benefit the business and grow your own skills
Who you are:
Strong software development experience, incl. 2+ years of strong experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL databases
Strong experience building highly scalable systems
Ability to hold the team to high standards for security and data privacy practices
Familiar with Git and Git flow; familiar with modern project management tools
Write high standard, beautiful, maintainable and reusable code
A background working in product teams at startups
What you’ll get:
- Competitive Equity Package: Earn more than just a competitive salary. Receive equity shares to gain wealth as the company grows.
- Gym & Wellness Reimbursement: Training for a big race? Don’t sweat it. We offer gym reimbursement for all employees.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We think time off is essential… and we encourage it!
- Duvet Day: Perfect for those cold winter days, when you don’t want to escape the warmth of your bed!
- Mental Health Day: You deserve a day off! A chance to recharge and enjoy ‘Me Time’
- 4 weeks of ‘Work from Anywhere’: Whether you’re working from the beautiful beaches in the Bahamas or by the fireplace on your ski trip in Switzerland - just make sure to send us a picture!
- Professional Development: We’re here to help you hit your career goals to help get you where you want to be.
- Company issued laptop: Who wants to work from their personal laptop? Let’s keep work and personal life separate!
- Unlimited Coffee, Drinks & Healthy Snacks: Because we love spoiling our team!
- Annual Team Summit: Got the travel blues? Our all-team summit in Hong Kong is a good place to start.
- Flexible Working: We offer you an autonomous environment to perform at your highest level!
Headquartered in London with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Melbourne, Toronto, and Taipei – our team is global and growing. We encourage you to apply if a challenge excites you. Come and join the Easyship team!
Don't take it from us, take it from Cristina. One of our longest serving backend engineers.