Join a Growing Finance Team as a Group Chief Accountant
What's in it for you?
This role as a Group Chief Accountant offers you a unique opportunity to advance your career on a global scale. Our finance team is currently in a phase of significant growth, transitioning from a startup environment to a well-established organisation. You'll also play a pivotal role in overseeing overseas entities and gain valuable experience in consolidation and financial management
Your role with us:
As a Group Chief Accountant, you'll be at the core of our accounting function across different business lines. You'll proactively address various accounting tasks, implement standards, and expertly prepare audited financial statements. Collaboration with the finance team will be key as you work on tax, audit, and treasury management. You'll also have the rewarding responsibility of mentoring junior team members while fostering strong connections with our stakeholders.
Your proficiency with NetSuite and solid understanding of IFRS is crucial for success in this role, as you focus on consolidation and funding. The emphasis lies in effectively managing capital injections and overseeing financial operations for our overseas entities. Moreover, we have ambitious plans to acquire more businesses in the future, which means your role will continually evolve and expand. Your expertise and contributions will make a significant positive impact. Join us, and be part of an exciting journey toward financial excellence!
Who are we?
At Easygo we proudly stand as a prominent service provider to a powerhouse of brands within the iGaming industry, including Stake.com, Kick.com and Twist Gaming. Stake is the world's largest crypto casino, and leads the industry with a seamless online casino and sportsbook experience. Level up your online entertainment with Kick.com, the vibrant live streaming platform, which connects millions of gamers and content creators worldwide. All alongside the innovative game design studio, Twist Gaming, which takes creativity to new heights by crafting cutting-edge and captivating games. Our commitment to placing our clients and their communities' entertainment at the forefront of everything we do, has solidified us as the ultimate online service provider for entertainment companies.
Headquartered in the beautiful city of Melbourne, our growth has been remarkable. From humble beginnings to a thriving workforce of 250+, we've expanded not only in numbers but in ambition. There really is something for everyone here, whether you work in Tech, Marketing, Operations, Mathematics or Design, we are sure to have something for everyone.
Click play, on your career today!
What you will do:
- Deliver the end-to-end accounting task and proactively identify transactions, balances, and processes requiring technical review
- Assist with implementation of accounting standards, policies, procedures, control frameworks, promptly reporting and resolving gaps / key risks
- Foster a data repository and be the main point of contact for information requests
- Manage the preparation of the audited annual and interim consolidated financial statements in accordance with the relevant accounting standards and the relevant regulatory disclosure requirements.
- Work with other finance team members for tax reporting, budgeting, intercompany transaction, audit and treasury management
- Mentoring the junior member in the team and giving instruction for professional development, establishing strong connections with various internal and external stakeholders, mentoring junior members in the team.
What you will bring:
- CPA/CA qualified
- 10 years’ financial and management accounting experience
- Sound knowledge of financial control, reporting, and accounting principles and practices
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to prioritise work based on different time zones
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency of Netsuite
Bonus points if you also have:
- Knowledge and experience of consolidation, fx and igaming industry is big plus
- Understanding of the tax and reporting requirements of LATAM/NA is desirable
- Good command of Spanish would be looked favourably
- Cryptocurrency knowledge would be advantageous
Some of the perks of working for us:
- EAP access for you and your family
- A full-time barista who will make you coffee, tea and fresh juices
- Daily catered breakfast
- Massage Wednesdays - we get professionals to do this!
- Friday parmas/pub lunch, plus happy hour in the office from 4pm
- Fun office environment with pool tables, table tennis and all your favourite gaming consoles
- Paid volunteer day
- Help yourself drinks fridges and snack shelves
“We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”
We believe that the unique contributions of everyone at Easygo are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. We are passionate about providing a workplace that encourages great participation and an equal playing field, where merit and accomplishment are the only criteria for success.