Are you a legal expert with a passion for ensuring online communities are safe and secure? Join us at Easygo, and work with a brand that's taking the live streaming world by storm. Kick.com!
What's in it for You:
Kick.com is reshaping the live streaming landscape. As a Legal Counsel, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the legal happenings of the brand, serving as the point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders. You'll have the autonomy to establish best practice policies, influencing the direction of Kick.com’s legal strategies and ensuring that the brand operates at the highest legal standards. This role provides you with the platform to make a meaningful impact on the brand's legal framework and contribute to its long-term success.
Your Role with Us:
As our Legal Counsel, you'll be serving as the legal adviser for kick.com in all legal matters.
In this position, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement legal policies, conduct risk assessments, provide legal counsel on various matters, and oversee related partnerships. You'll also advise on legal incidents and ensure compliance with relevant regulations. Beyond legal matters, you'll be the legal adviser for kick.com, safeguarding its interests in all legal affairs.
Who are we?
At Easygo we proudly stand as a prominent service provider to a powerhouse of brands within the iGaming industry, including Stake.com, Kick.com and Twist Gaming. Stake is the world's largest crypto casino, and leads the industry with a seamless online casino and sportsbook experience. Level up your online entertainment with Kick.com, the vibrant live streaming platform, which connects millions of gamers and content creators worldwide. All alongside the innovative game design studio, Twist Gaming, which takes creativity to new heights by crafting cutting-edge and captivating games. Our commitment to placing our clients and their communities' entertainment at the forefront of everything we do, has solidified us as the ultimate online service provider for entertainment companies.
Headquartered in the beautiful city of Melbourne, our growth has been remarkable. From humble beginnings to a thriving workforce of 200+, we've expanded not only in numbers but in ambition. There really is something for everyone here, whether you work in Tech, Marketing, Operations, Mathematics or Design, we are sure to have something for everyone.
Click play, on your career today!
What you will do:
- Assist the broader legal team with drafting and reviewing commercial contracts such as SaaS, affiliate marketing and sponsorship contracts
- Respond to community reports and government requests
- Establish and nurture relationships with industry groups, legislative teams/policymakers, and civil society organisations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate Trust and Safety risks across various platforms, products and services, and proactively deliver safety product ideas
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Monitor global policy, enforcement, and product trends in content moderation, children’s online safety, data protection, etc
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Law with 5+ years PQE in a commercial law firm or in-house
- Strong understanding of online safety issues including harassment, hate speech, and child safety
- A can-do attitude that is ready to ‘jump in the trenches’ and work collaboratively with the broader legal team and other stakeholders
Some of the perks of working for us:
- EAP access for you and your family
- A full-time barista who will make you coffee, tea and fresh juices
- Daily catered breakfast
- Massage Wednesdays - we get professionals to do this!
- Friday parmas/pub lunch, plus happy hour in the office from 4pm
- Fun office environment with pool tables, table tennis and all your favourite gaming consoles
- Paid volunteer day
- Flexible working hours
- Help yourself drinks fridges and snack shelves
“We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”
We believe that the unique contributions of everyone at Easygo are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. We are passionate about providing a workplace that encourages great participation and an equal playing field, where merit and accomplishment are the only criteria for success.