Position Reports to: Chief Development and External Affairs Officer
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: $135,000 - $150,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who We Are
East Harlem Scholars Academies are community-based Pre-K to 12 public charter schools operated by East Harlem Tutorial Program (EHTP). EHTP began in 1958 as a children's reading group and has since grown into a multi-site after-school program for traditional public school students and a network of public charter schools focused on significantly increasing the college graduation rate in East Harlem. We are on track to serve at least 25% of East Harlem students by 2025, with enrollment for this year at approximately 2200 students in our schools and after school programs. In 2020, 99% of our seniors were accepted to college, and our current scholars in college are on-track to graduate at eight times the national average of their peers.
At EHTP we also aim to serve as an agent of change and thoughtfully contribute to the national fight for racial equity. Through our organization-wide commitment to anti-racism work, we prepare our scholars to effect change, challenge the status quo, and thrive in the world around them. As staff members, we face our own racial identities and conscious and unconscious biases. With this in mind, all of our professional development, curriculum, organizational materials, and processes are designed with a goal of racial justice. Read our racial equity statement here.
We ground all of our work in racial equity, in our core values, and in our four guiding pursuits: the Revolutionary Pursuit of Love, the Radical Pursuit of Knowledge, the Responsive Pursuit of Healing, and in the Relentless Pursuit of Results. These pursuits inform and are reflected in our current four key strategic priorities: to increase high-impact, high-quality academic curriculum, programming content, staff capacity, and coaching; to embrace and advance our use of technology; to deepen our embodiment of ethical and equitable radical humanity; and to efficiently operationalize teaching, learning, community, and care.
For more information about EHTP’s mission, model, and programs, please visit EHTP.org
About the Opportunity
EHTP seeks a Senior Director of Development to lead the direction of the organization’s comprehensive development efforts during a period of rapid growth. The position reports to the Chief Development and External Affairs Officer and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer and board members. The team member will play a critical role in both developing and executing the strategic plan for EHTP’s fundraising, with the goal of increasing the size and number of gifts in EHTP’s portfolio. This is an ideal opportunity for an innovative and dynamic fundraiser with strong operational skills and a deep commitment to EHTP’s mission.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum 5 years of work experience in individual fundraising with a proven successful track record of raising major funds and a recommended minimum of 3 years of management experience
- You have a proven track record in planning and achieving short- and long-term goals and creating a plan outlining activity
- You have strong relationship-building skills and a proven record of fostering authentic relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- You have a high level of comfort and expertise with donor reports and data analysis that will support with strategic thinking to support with decisions
- You have a key understanding of securing funding from major donors, corporations, and foundations
- You possess integrity and fiscal accountability
- You have the ability to motivate and work effectively across diverse teams within an organization towards one common goal
- You are a strategic thinker, capable of providing positive and proactive solutions to challenges and opportunities
- You have a sense of humor and a desire to work on a team of hardworking and fun individuals who do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You have experience supervising and overseeing fundraising events
- You believe deeply in EHTP’s mission, core values, and racial equity statement and passionate to make a difference in our scholars, families and community
What Success Looks Like
Management and Operations
- Provide day-to-day operational oversight of the development team, including meeting management; high-level database and systems administration; and weekly and monthly reporting against goals
- Manage and coach a team that includes Senior Associate, Development & Data, Manager of Institutional Giving and Manager of Individual Giving; set ambitious team-wide fundraising goals and define the pathways to achieve them
- Create and implement team-wide strategies, processes, and tools to streamline fundraising activity and standardize practices
- Oversee existing institutional foundations and individual giving partnerships; while creating and identifying new prospects and grants opportunities
- Collaborate with our programs, schools and team members to cultivate new prospects interested in our mission
Data & Analysis
- Provide and present statistical analysis of fundraising successes, challenges, and opportunities to the CDEAO and CEO, and Board at regular intervals
- Develop metrics that measure impact and effectiveness by overseeing the execution of strategies, tracking progress toward goals, and working directly with senior leaders to ensure alignment and prioritization
- Ability to use data & analysis to guide planning and execution of fundraising initiatives
- Strategically plan the implementation of fundraising events to involve new prospects and engage existing donors
- Collaborate with EHTP’s Program Directors and across the development team to create materials and reports that keep funders engaged in events, programs and projects
- Work with EHTP staff across the organization to share information and develop cultivation strategies for volunteers, new contacts, and other constituencies
- Serve as thought partner to the Chief Development and External Affairs Officer regarding the organization’s overall development strategy and branding, with key information disseminated to all stakeholders
Thank you in advance for taking the time to apply to East Harlem Tutorial Program.