Positions Report to: Chief Development & External Affairs Officer
Start/End Date: Immediate
Compensation: $105,000 - $135,000 (EHTP also offers a comprehensive benefits package)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who We Are
East Harlem Tutorial Program (EHTP) began in 1958 as a children's reading group and has since grown into a multi-site after-school program for traditional public school students and a network of public charter schools focused on significantly increasing the college graduation rate in East Harlem. We are on track to serve at least 25% of East Harlem students by 2025, with enrollment for this year at approximately 2000 students in our schools and out of school time programs. In 2020, 99% of our seniors were accepted to college, and our current scholars in college are on-track to graduate at eight times the national average of their peers.
At EHTP we also aim to serve as an agent of change and thoughtfully contribute to the national fight for racial equity. Through our organization-wide commitment to anti-racism work, we prepare our scholars to effect change, challenge the status quo, and thrive in the world around them. As staff members, we face our own racial identities and conscious and unconscious biases. With this in mind, all of our professional development, curriculum, organizational materials, and processes are designed with a goal of racial justice. Read our racial equity statement here.
We ground all of our work in racial equity, in our core values, and in our four guiding pursuits: the Revolutionary Pursuit of Love, the Radical Pursuit of Knowledge, the Responsive Pursuit of Healing, and in the Relentless Pursuit of Results. These pursuits inform and are reflected in our current four key strategic priorities: to increase high-impact, high-quality academic curriculum, programming content, staff capacity, and coaching; to embrace and advance our use of technology; to deepen our embodiment of ethical and equitable radical humanity; and to efficiently operationalize teaching, learning, community, and care.
About The Opportunity
EHTP and Scholars Academies are looking for a Director, Student Recruitment & Enrollment to lead the design and delivery of student recruitment and enrollment strategies to ensure that the network is meeting enrollment targets across all schools. The Director will lead outreach efforts for student recruitment with community and school partners and ensure that the core story of our schools is refined and effective. The Director will lead a Manager, Student Recruitment & Enrollment to meet outreach and enrollment efficiency goals. In partnership with the Public Engagement Team, the Director, Student Recruitment & Enrollment will be a leader in developing engaging opportunities for external stakeholders to learn about EHTP and Scholars Academies and want to join our network.
Areas of Leadership
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for short-term and long-term recruitment and enrollment goals for the network
- Cultivate a deep understanding of sector-wide enrollment trends
- Lead annual target enrollment goal setting
- Build best practices and standards for all internal stakeholders that interact with the recruitment and enrollment processes
Systems Management & Development
- Ensure the efficient and accurate collection of student data utilizing systems such as SchoolMint, PowerSchool, and NYCDOE’s ATS
- Evaluate current data systems and design plans for improved utilization or replacement to meet growing needs for reporting
- Build and maintain data dashboards with the team to track enrollment and guide decision making
- Cultivate strong relationships with community and school stakeholders throughout NYC
- Design and implement outreach strategy that increases awareness and understanding of the network’s offerings for students and families
- In partnership with the Communications Team, lead the development of marketing materials for the schools, including but not limited to digital media, hard and soft copy information materials, and physical advertisements
- Develop strategies to engage school leaders in outreach efforts
- Manage the Manager, Student Recruitment & Enrollment to meet team and professional development goals
- Ensure compliance with admission and enrollment standards internally or from local or state regulations
- Project manage enrollment and recruitment across multiple stakeholders
What Qualifies You:
- You have 5 - 7 years of work experience, with at least 2 years of management experience
- You have passion for and knowledge of education issues and practices, with an emphasis on the local level
- You have strong relationship-building skills and a proven record of fostering authentic relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator
- You pay exceptional attention to detail, proactively approach your work, and possess a strong customer service orientation
- You have a strong track record of carrying projects/initiatives from vision through completion
- You are entrepreneurial, flexible, creative, and resourceful
- You can deliver results in a growing, deadline-driven, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are a Spanish language speaker [fluent], required
- You believe deeply in EHTP’s mission, core values, and racial equity statement
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferred
Thank you for taking the time to submit your application.