Positions Report to: Managing Director, Development & External Affairs
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition, EHTP offers a comprehensive benefits package.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who We Are
East Harlem Tutorial Program (EHTP) began in 1958 as a children's reading group and has since grown into a multi-site after-school program for public school students and a network of charter schools focused on significantly increasing the college graduation rate in East Harlem. Between EHTP’s after-school programs and charter schools, more than 15,000 East Harlem youth and their families have walked through its doors – and, by participating in EHTP's year-long, free programs, they have improved their academic skills, developed confidence, and found community.
For more information about EHTP's mission, model, and programs, please visit us at www.ehtp.org.
What Sets Us Apart
EHTP aims to serve as an agent of change and thoughtfully contribute to the national fight for racial equity. Through our organization-wide commitment to anti-racism work, we prepare our scholars to effect change, challenge the status quo, and thrive in the world around them. Furthermore, as staff members, we face our own racial identities and conscious and unconscious biases. With this in mind, all of our professional development, curriculum, organizational materials, and processes are designed with a goal of racial justice. To read EHTP’s racial equity statement, please click here.
The Work and Why it Matters
As the Manager, Institutional Giving, you will join a growing team at an ambitious, community-based nonprofit that has been serving East Harlem students and families for decades. The Manager, Institutional Giving will be responsible for raising $1.6 million from a combination of foundation, corporate, and public grants. A successful manager will steward current donors effectively as well as research and cultivate new potential sources of funding. S/he will also ensure that all grant proposals are of the highest quality and submitted on time. Finally, the Manager, Institutional Giving will build and maintain effective relationships with the Program Team in order to stay up to date on program offerings and to understand the unique needs of each team. This cross-functional work will inform your ability to identify, research, and prioritize prospective funding relationships.
Who You Are
- You have 3 – 5 years of work experience, with at least 2 years in a development capacity and a minimum of 1 year in grant writing
- You are an exceptional writer – in grammar and mechanics as well as in story-telling
- You have a proven track record of researching new grant opportunities – private and public
- You are an exceptional project manager – effectively plans long-term projects, investing, managing, and communicating effectively with others to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- You do not hesitate to take initiative; adept at managing up to get what you need to meet your goals
- You value feedback and approach your work with humility
- You pay exceptional attention to detail, proactively approach your work, and possess a strong customer service orientation
- You have strong relationship-building skills and a proven record of fostering authentic relationships with a variety of stakeholders (track record of building effective relationships with funders a plus)
- You’re flexible, adaptable, and willing to change course when necessary to meet goals
- You believe deeply in EHTP’s mission, core values, and racial equity statement
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have a high level of proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
What Success Looks Like
- Raise $1 million from foundation and corporate grantors
- Renew $600K from public grants
- Effectively steward current donors in order to ensure that they are up-to-date on our program and results and feel positively about their support of EHTP
- Build relationships with Program Team staff to stay up-to-date on program offerings and results
- Effectively manage your own work and the work of others to ensure that 100% of grant applications are of the highest quality and submitted on time or in advance.
- Data in Raiser’s Edge is accurate and new information is entered within 24 hours.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to apply to East Harlem Tutorial Program.