About the Position
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to build & lead our new engineering team in Omaha! This team will be part of the Integration team at Ease, reporting into our Integration Lead in San Francisco, and will be responsible for building the connectivity infrastructure that connect the various healthcare and HR partners with Ease system. Our partners include Anthem Blue Cross, Colonial Life, Guardian, Humana, Metlife, Principal, Unum, and a lot more.
- Hire, mentor, lead, and retain - initially - a small team of 2, growing to a lot more in 2020.
- Write code every day - build connectivity and integrate Ease with various partners including payroll services, healthcare insurance carriers, and other HR products
- Work with stakeholders and come up with technical roadmap that will address Ease's company-level goals
- Work directly with the Omaha business development team to assist in their objectives and key-results
- Work to integrate and build upon Ease's benefits management foundation
- Assist in the development of sample code, SDKs, and documentation of new integrations
- Troubleshoot technical issues and develop smooth processes for scale
- Experience leading a team of at least 3.
- 8+ years creating succinct, performant, and easily readable code in C# (preferred), Java, or Python
- Must have both intellectual as well as emotional intelligence.
- Ability to implement the right amount of process, augmented by building the right culture.
- Understand best practices of communicating with remote teams in different timezones.
- Experience in using and/or designing modern APIs
- Experience of an integration using a non-modern API (such as EDI, SOAP, Flat File, CSV, SFTP)
- A strong background in at least one relational database (PostgreSQL or MySQL preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to be an external-facing representative of Ease to our partners
- Willingness to travel once every 3-6 months
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- ID Theft Protection
- Various Company Events/Functions
- Advancement Opportunities
Ease is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.