Ease’s explosive success in the healthcare management industry is a result of the company's disruptive SaaS innovation and unparalleled service model, forever changing the way employers, brokers, insurance carriers, and general agents think about benefits and HR administration. The company's flagship benefits administration solution - built by brokers for brokers - is widely adopted and reputed, praised for its simplicity and reliability, and already shaping the future of medical benefits technology.
About the Position:
This is great opportunity for a hands-on, roll up your sleeves Revenue Manager who wants to be a key player in helping a fast-paced, SaaS start-up scale! As our first Revenue Manager, you will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of GAAP Revenue, and developing a streamlined process for revenue billing.
- Assist in building scalable billing and revenue operation processes and system
- Co-lead adoption and implementation of ASC 606 and 340 accounting guidelines.
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end close for revenue and cost of revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606, balance sheet reconciliations, monthly management reporting package and flux analyses
- Assist in the design and scaling of revenue accounting, including but not limited to revenue recognition
- Manage and oversee deferred revenue process
- Support cross-functional teams in development of standard operating procedures as they impact the revenue process and topline results
- Provide guidance and direction to the Sales and Legal teams during negotiation processes, to ensure contracts are in line with Company revenue objectives
- Maintain and design appropriate data reports for efficient monthly revenue close process and reporting
- Design, document, implement and maintain effective accounting policies, procedures and internal controls related to revenue recognition
- Liaise with auditors on revenue recognition and related matters as part of interim reviews and annual audit
- Support new system implementations and integrations, including preparing use cases and user testing
- 6+ years of accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and SAAS Revenue Recognition
- BS/BA or equivalent degree in Accounting or other related field
- Successful candidates should have an active CPA
- Prior experience with Stripe, SAAS Optics, Zuora, or other revenue recognition systems a big plus
- Big-4 experience is a strong plus
- Proven capabilities as a manager and a great developer of talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with all levels of employees
- Solid organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Peer Bonus System
- Health Benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- STD/LTD Benefits
- ID Theft Protection
- Company Events & Retreats
Ease is an equal employment opportunity employer for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. When necessary, we also make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees and for pregnant employees who request an accommodation, with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.