As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
This job will be a great fit for an individual who is an empathetic customer-obsessed individual who loves to solve problems.
As a Fintech company where customer care is an integral function, our success relies highly on effective operations and actionable insights to deliver a world-class customer experience through our 24x7 operations.
The member experience associate is a new role in our org that will be part of an elite pilot program. The focus of the team is to become an in-house center of excellence capability that will be responsible for building the future of care at EarnIn.
We are looking for the first advocates that will provide empowering experiences for our customers and drive end-to-end resolutions to our customers while helping us build the processes and procedures behind our service. Member advocates should maintain a high level of professionalism and empathy driving high-value customer experience interactions.
Ultimately, you will help establish the future of EarnIn’s customer care service by owning the resolution of customer concerns and reporting to the correct teams to eliminate future issues. You will work closely with a team of product managers, product specialists, engineers, and Tier 3 associates.
This is an in office role, 5x a week. (Palo Alto, CA) The US base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
What You'll Do:
Daily responsibilities will include resolving customer problems and complaints, recommending solutions, and guiding customers through product features and functionalities. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent written and verbal communicator who's able to earn our customers' trust in 240 characters (or less!).
- Empathetic customer service that is focused on the human as well as solving the problem.
- Resolve customer questions, concerns, and product issues by engaging the customer resolving using critical thinking
- Respond to customer concerns on time and empower them during and after your service— the customer should leave much much better after the interaction with you.
- Monitor, investigate, research, and be proactive about solving problems, and customer issues and identifying areas for improvement and opportunity.
- Document finds insights, procedures, and processes that work and share with the team.
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features, understand our products, and maximize their success with our products and services
- Communicate new products and features to customers
- Make sure to follow up with customers until problems or issues are resolved.
Brand and Advocacy:
- Become a brand ambassador for EarnIn
- Own and represent our reputation and service on all mediums assigned.
- Report product or technical issues to our Tier 3 or product teams.
- Own and elevate the customer's experience
- Continuously work to improve processes, macros, content, and procedures.
- Work with the customer experience (quality, training and content) team to help build new content, refresh training, and create standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with product managers and specialists to provide feedback and take learnings to enhance your work and service.
- Challenge and question current setups and processes with the purpose to enhance the customer experience and build new paths to serve better.
What We're Looking For:
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- A college degree or equivalent.
- Great communicator and storyteller that can motivate, influence, sell, educate and or advise others.
- Must be able to work and train independently on your own or as part of a team.
- Great collaborator and team player.
- Curious, proactive, and entrepreneurial. The type of person that can find solutions to several problems using critical thinking, good common sense, and a desire to grow and improve yourself and others.
- Previous experience in a role that had a direct impact on customer experience and/or customer experience-related operations.
- Proven experience with leadership, business acumen, problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills in financial services or highly regulated industries.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, prioritize, and handle multiple work streams simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Strong ability to formulate and present analyses and business cases to both technical and non-technical stakeholders (i.e. engineering vs compliance)
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and empathy for customers.
- Highly organized and comfortable planning and leading projects involving cross-functional stakeholders.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with all levels of the business from C-level to Customer Support.
- Ability to lead and execute with a sense of urgency to achieve business outcomes.
- Hands-on and willing to get hands dirty on execution.
- Tech-savvy and multiple tool and software power users.