We are looking to bring in our first permanent data hire to take over from a contractor who has been filling this function for Earnd for the previous 6 months.
We are currently finishing a project to replicate our production data into a data lake backed by s3 and are looking for a data engineer to take Earnd’s data strategy to the next phase and start deriving value from this data.
We are looking for an experienced individual who can drive the company’s data strategy: firstly developing cloud data infrastructure to support self-service analytics then secondly creating a road map of data related business opportunities and driving these projects to fruition.
- Data Replication from source systems to Data lake / Data warehouse
- Data Warehouse Development (e.g. using DBT)
- Provisioning BI tool and enabling business users to self serve analytics
- Identifying key metrics and lead the development key dashboards
- Earnd’s data strategy - you will be responsible for identifying what Earnd’s data priorities are and creating the road map
- You’ll work closely with rest of UK tech team (especially platform team) to ensure your output fits into Earnd’s technology stack
Skills and Abilities:
- You have 4+ years of experience in data related roles
- Experience with Python data stack and or Scala + Spark
- You have experience working with cloud analytics databases such as Redshift, Bigquery and/or Snowflake (Presto/Athena also a plus)
- Experience setting up change data capture pipelines
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Airflow / DBT / AWS Glue
- You will have had exposure to highly regulated industries preferably within a B2B context
- You will be comfortable with ambiguity, and evangelising the use of data throughout a small but rapidly growing business.
Who we are:
Our mission is to help people take control of the money they’ve earned. We are made possible by Greensill, who have been helping small businesses get paid quicker for almost a decade.
From London to San Francisco to Sydney, we’re making real-time pay work for real people.
We’d love you to join this movement.