Dyne Therapeutics is building a leading muscle disease company dedicated to advancing innovative life-transforming therapeutics for people living with genetically driven diseases. With its proprietary FORCE™ platform, Dyne is developing modern oligonucleotide therapeutics that are designed to overcome limitations in delivery to muscle tissue seen with other approaches. Dyne’s broad portfolio of therapeutic candidates for serious muscle diseases includes programs for myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1), Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD). For more information, please visit https://www.dyne-tx.com/, and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
At Dyne, our pipeline programs are managed by cross-functional Program Teams (PTs). The PTs are key elements of the Dyne’s operating model, instrumental for our vision to build the world’s leading muscle disease company. The PTs ensure sharp focus on program strategy, goal achievement, integration of all relevant disciplines for the stage of drug development, clear plans and communications. The PTs are led by a Program Team Leader (PTL) in collaboration with a Program Manager (PM). PTL and PM together ensure that the PT is aligned on program strategy, operational plans, key decisions, and communications. The PM has an instrumental role in working with all PT members to translate the program strategy that into robust operational plans.
Dyne is seeking an experienced, motivated, and dynamic Program Manager to join a team of Program Managers, led by the VP of Program Management and Operations.
The PM role is a highly cross-functional role, responsible for planning and managing day-to-day activities of the program including managing timelines and critical path activities, facilitating decision making and scenario planning, and communicating the overall status of the program to senior leadership. The PM role ensures that all team members understand program priorities, objectives, deliverables, interdependencies, and timelines. This critical role helps to ensure our PTs successfully advance the Company’s portfolio of rare muscle disease programs by facilitating effective contributions from all company functions.
The ideal candidate has a scientific background, experience with all stages of drug development and a passion for advancing novel therapeutics for patients. Other critical factors for success are strong communication skills, sense of accountability and urgency, ability to develop and nurture excellent relationship, analytical skills, ability to integrate information and to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment.
This role is based in Waltham, MA without the possibility of being a remote role. Applicants must be local or able to relocate to the area.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Develop and maintain clear program plans understood by all team members with all key activities, deliverables, responsibilities and timing (including high-level views and detailed views) – special focus on activities and deliverables to enable successful clinical trial execution
- Ensure proactive coordination of all key activities at the PT level, and as needed, at Sub-Team level; proactively catch, communicate, and address gaps
- Provide clear communication within PT, and between PT and Sub-Teams, and company management, e.g. status updates, issue and decision tracking
- Enable clear decision making; articulate and align on timing and approach for key decisions; prepare effective analyses and materials for decisions; ensure decisions are understood and implemented
- Ensure “health” of PT and Sub-Teams by proactively managing members’ engagement, communications, expectations, issue resolution
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline; advanced or professional degree highly desirable (e.g., MBA)
- 8+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience with at least 5 years of relevant work experiences in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in drug development across multiple phases (pre-clinical and/or clinical Phase 1-4)
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned. All Employees are expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model for company values.
Dyne Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.