Dyne Therapeutics is building a leading muscle disease company dedicated to advancing innovative life-transforming therapeutics for people living with genetically driven diseases. With its proprietary FORCE™ platform, Dyne is developing modern oligonucleotide therapeutics that are designed to overcome limitations in delivery to muscle tissue seen with other approaches. Dyne’s broad portfolio of therapeutic candidates for serious muscle diseases includes programs for myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1), Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD). For more information, please visit https://www.dyne-tx.com/, and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Dyne is seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist to join our Platform group and lead antibody discovery effort, including engineering, maturation and characterization of new biologics. The successful candidate will play a key role in augmenting existing antibody technologies at Dyne, development of new technologies and targets, and manage relevant external contracts and collaborations. S/he will be a collaborative team player, clear communicator and subject matter expert with innovative spirit and troubleshooting skills. The ideal individual will have industry experience with biologic development in pre-clinical/clinical workflows and well versed in related molecular and cellular methods. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to build and expand our novel FORCETM platform technology to advance Dyne's mission of pioneering life-transforming therapies for patients with serious muscle diseases.
This role is based in Waltham, MA without the possibility of being a remote role. Applicants must be able to relocate to the area.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Engineering and building strategies for the discovery, development and evaluation of antibodies, antibody domains and other biologics
- Implementing humanization and affinity maturation strategies
- Determination of kinetic constants, and other characteristics
- Independently design, execute, and report internal and outsourced studies
- Serve as a technical lead on projects in a cross-functional team setting and act as a champion for the antibody development
- Contribute to additional platform expansion activities
- Present data for internal and external audiences via talks, abstracts, posters, and original manuscripts
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D. in immunology, molecular biology, pharmacology, or related life sciences
- At least 5-10 years hands-on industry experience or equivalent in academia / industry in antibody discovery and development
- Expertise in biopanning-based strategies (e.g., phage display) and immunization-based approaches (e.g., hybridoma)
- Expertise in rational design, affinity maturation, and reformatting of antibodies
- Strong skills in written and oral communication, organization and multitasking, and working in a highly collaborative and cross-functional research environment
- Motivated to rapidly learn and apply new technologies
- Experienced in software applications (SnapGene, Vector NTI, ChemDraw, Prism, Excel, PowerPoint, ELN)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Position is based in Waltham, MA; no relocation package available
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned. All Employees are expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model for company values.
Dyne Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.