Head of Mortgage Champion Team
Reports to: COO
We’re Dynamo. And we pride ourselves on doing remortgages differently.
For the past year, Dynamo has been working to create a revolutionary mortgage product: a digital mortgage journey that enables you to remortgage your property online. In short, we’re rebuilding the entire remortgage process around our customers.
We launched in April 2018. But we aren’t newcomers. Dynamo is building on 25 years of mortgage experience. We’re a partnership between the UK’s largest mortgage broker, Countrywide, and the UK’s leading digital venture builder, Blenheim Chalcot.
Empowering our customers requires a forward-thinking, empowered team. Led by Dan Cobley, former head of Google in the UK and Ireland, Dynamo brings together a team of world class designers, developers, data scientists, financial services experts, and business builders from successful startups and large corporations such as Deloitte, Capital One, Metro Bank and Procter & Gamble. At Dynamo, we’ll harness your talent, passion and diverse thinking to change the mortgage industry.
We're looking for a senior industry professional to head up the mortgage advice team to support, lead and deliver excellent customer experience alongside delivering quality mortgage advice.
You will be from an advice background and will therefore be well placed to get insight from customers and understand how they are responding to our new venture. You'll be sat within our quickly growing team and able to share your feedback and recommendations with them so that we all constantly improve.
No two days will be the same and you will need to switch from managing and leading your direct reports to dealing with complex customer cases which will need to be sourced and placed from a whole of market mindset.
We'd like for you to be excited by the prospect of changing the mortgage industry to improve the experience for customers - putting them firmly in control of finding the best mortgage for themselves. We're a truly customer centric team and you will bring the same values. You'll be excited about how technology can be used to modernise and bring innovation to the customer experience, and being involved in something truly groundbreaking.
- Lead, coach and develop the team creating an atmosphere in which they can flourish - currently 8 adviser, 5 case managers and one TL
- Act as a whole of market mortgage guru (e.g. product, lender & criteria knowledge) and be the bump up person when cases get stuck.
- Carry out one to one meetings
- Work with Head of Risk & Compliance to ‘coach up’ any CAS performance gaps
- Lead team training sessions both informal and formal
- Oversee the update to all training and process manuals
- Identify future talent and support them to reach their full potential
- Work collaboratively with the Product and Tech Dev teams to build a customer proposition that is what our customers want
- Seek to automate operational inefficiencies & track success factors
- Collate, analyse and challenge case and adviser MI to constantly raise the performance bar
- Assist the COO with building out the Operational Control Framework within the mortgage adviser team
- Play pivotal role in supporting the product team develop our product offering and tech build
- Support customers with mortgage advice, recommending products based on their individual circumstances
- Gain valuable customer feedback and insight, which will shape how we grow as a business
- Drive us to do brilliantly for our customers, influence and inspire those around you to do the same
- Ensure your use of systems is excellent, you show great attention to detail and adherence to compliance standards
- Maintain your professional qualifications and industry knowledge
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- CeMAP 1, 2 and 3
- Previous leadership experience is a prerequisite
- Full mortgage qualification and competent status achieved within 2 years of entering a Financial Services sales role
- Good aptitude for numbers and comfortable working with data, evidenced by academic qualifications (ideally)
- High ethical standards and motivation to adhere to compliance standards
- Massive customer focus and drive to put the customer at the heart of all you do
- Strong drive and great work ethic
- Brilliant communication standards and ability to engage with customers and colleagues
- Passion for this venture and contributing to its success
New colleagues at Dynamo will find themselves working with an impressive range of experts in a highly collaborative set-up that facilitates brilliant learning opportunities. New businesses are challenging - things move incredibly quickly, there is constant change to ensure we are agile around customer needs and market conditions, roles involve significant responsibility and there's nowhere to hide.
Outside of Dynamo, colleagues have access to countless development opportunities from Blenheim Chalcot and Countrywide including leadership development programmes and mentoring initiatives. They will also be exposed to both communities and have full access to a wide range of stretching career opportunities.
The Dynamo culture is a very mission-focused one. We are all passionate about the difference we want to make for mortgage buyers and that is what drives us. The characteristics you'll find in our team that underpin our success are tenacity, agility, customer focus, reliability, pride, credibility and strong accountability for our own work. If that sounds like you, you'll fit right in!
We're located in One Hammersmith Broadway, a modern, five-storey building which hosts innovation-focused, high-growth companies backed by Blenheim Chalcot.
We will offer; competitive salary, private healthcare, pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), an onsite subsidised cafe, social events and great training opportunities.