Reports to: COO
We’re Dynamo. And we pride ourselves on doing remortgages differently.
For the past year, Dynamo has been working to create a revolutionary mortgage product: a digital mortgage journey that enables you to remortgage your property online. In short, we’re rebuilding the entire remortgage process around our customers.
We launched in April 2018 but we aren’t newcomers. Dynamo is building on 25 years of mortgage experience. We’re a partnership between the UK’s largest mortgage broker, Countrywide, and the UK’s leading digital venture builder, Blenheim Chalcot.
Empowering our customers requires a forward-thinking, empowered team. Led by Dan Cobley, former head of Google in the UK and Ireland, Dynamo is bringing together a team of world class designers, developers, data scientists, financial services experts, and business builders from successful startups and large corporations such as Deloitte, Capital One, Metro Bank and Procter & Gamble. At Dynamo, we’ll harness your talent, passion and diverse thinking to change the mortgage industry.
- Develop and deploy the Operational Risk management strategy and framework
- Ensure effective operational risks monitoring and prevention (in particular seek to automate risk assessments)
- Optimise the risk profile at Dynamo
- Manage and lead the compliance team
- Manage Risk Assurance processes
- Oversee the training of all new mortgage experts
- To deliver core supervision and T&C support to our mortgage experts regardless of their status of competence.
- Supervise the monitoring and testing of regulatory compliance control effectiveness by performing sufficient and representative reviews
- Provide and oversee coaching, feedback and training to advisers the frequency of which is based on risk
- Work closely with COO to understand agreed development needs for Advisers and to recommend new advisers for competence assessments when appropriate
- Facilitate the successful achievement of new advisers to get to competent adviser status in a seamless and timely manner
- Organise, host and deliver presentations as required
- Manage any issues proactively through to resolution, working closely with internal stakeholders
- Accurately compile reports such as KPIs/KRIs/conduct risk etc
- Undertake projects as and when required, to support the needs of the business or to achieve functional objectives
- Coordinate second line approval for the business for the development of new products
- Oversee the breaches/incident log to ensure that identified deficiencies and incidents are followed up
- Deliver the role competently and comply with the relevant standards and procedures, ensuring that the company deliver a service where suitable advice is given to the end consumer, which is adequately recorded and ultimately promotes that customers are treated fairly
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Mortgage Compliance and Operational Risk role, some of which must be in a whole of market (or large panel) and protection environment.
- CeMAP qualified
- IT literate
- Experience working within a compliance/regulatory role
- Experience of providing high quality customer service
- You must be able to challenge business products and and processes to ensure regulatory compliance and have the ability to manage and influence regulatory and senior management relationships
- You are passionate about innovative finance products and have proven ability to work on several projects and under tight deadlines. You are a natural problem solver and have an ability to anticipate regulatory risks.
- You are customer focused and are motivated by positive customer outcomes.
- You will have excellent organisational skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Diploma level 4 qualification
- J07 - Supervision in a Regulated Environment
- Certificate in Learning & Development Practice (CIPD equivalent)
- Whole of market experience
New colleagues at Dynamo will find themselves working with an impressive range of experts in a highly collaborative set-up that facilitates brilliant learning opportunities. New businesses are challenging - things move incredibly quickly, there is constant change to ensure we are agile around customer needs and market conditions, roles involve significant responsibility and there's nowhere to hide.
Outside of Dynamo, colleagues have access to countless development opportunities from Blenheim Chalcot and Countrywide including leadership development programmes and mentoring initiatives. They will also be exposed to both communities and have full access to a wide range of stretching career opportunities.
The Dynamo culture is a very mission-focused one. We are all passionate about the difference we want to make for mortgage buyers and that is what drives us. The characteristics you'll find in our team that underpin our success are tenacity, agility, customer focus, reliability, pride, credibility and strong accountability for our own work. If that sounds like you, you'll fit right in!
We're located in One Hammersmith Broadway, a modern, five-storey building which hosts innovation-focused, high-growth companies backed by Blenheim Chalcot.
We will offer; competitive salary, private healthcare, pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), a heavily subsidised cafe, great social events and generous training opportunities.