About our Director of Product Marketing role
Dynamic Yield, a Gartner-recognized Leader in Personalization Engines multiple years running, and a Strong Performer in Forrester’s Experience Optimization Wave, is looking for a Director of Product Marketing. Reporting to the CMO, you’ll manage one direct report and lead all aspects of our global product marketing initiatives including positioning and messaging, go-to-market strategy, sales and partner enablement, competitive differentiation, customer advocacy, and analyst relations for our award-winning platform.
The Director must be able to translate our product vision and roadmap into prioritized GTM Plans and Solution Programs, aligned with key stakeholders and business leaders across the organization. This role requires being fluent in dealing with complexity at a global level, across multiple channels, across multiple product lines, and with regards to multiple competitors and partners.
This is a great opportunity to help shape and grow the role of Product Marketing within Dynamic Yield by defining our strategy as well as implementing best practices and processes across Marketing, Product, Sales, Channels, and Customer Success.
Successful candidates will have experience in enterprise-facing B2B, leading and executing product marketing efforts to drive awareness, adoption, and expansion.
** Work from our NY office or the Tri-State area, but can also work remotely from the East Coast (e.g. Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.)
- Develop a deep understanding of our target markets, including buyer personas, key use cases, and customer needs.
- Contribute to defining the messaging, positioning, and go-to-market strategy.
- Develop marketing and sales enablement assets and tools to transfer that knowledge to the go-to-market teams, support internal product training on new products/capabilities, and supporting prospect education and lead generation.
- Work across teams including Product Management, Marketing, Customer Success, Customer Experience, and Sales.
- Work with product and sales orgs to coordinate and launch new products and features to market with innovative campaigns across the customer journey and lifecycle.
- Own the creation and development of all high-impact product marketing materials, collateral, and training documentation.
- Be a subject matter expert; you will provide market intelligence/customer insights as you are the expert on our customers and how/why they buy and their persona, regulatory considerations, and competition.
- Communicate the value proposition based upon competitive analysis and provide the tools and training for the go-to-market team to leverage.
- Support the sales team in their activities, including product demos and other resources as appropriate.
- Collaborate and assist the sales team in handling complex sales inquiries, RFP responses, and customer-facing product education and roadmap updates.
- Be the go-to person on all product marketing and training topics; you will communicate and present critical marketing and product-oriented training plans, reports, and opportunities to cross-functional teams.
- Establish relationships with key customers, partners, and analysts in order to develop case studies, references, testimonials, and other collateral.
- Work closely with the Product Team to understand and influence roadmaps. Provide feedback to Product Managers and core team regarding key customer criteria for the successful future product roadmap and feature enhancements. Driving cross-functional alignment with product managers for proper flow of information between teams.
Optimal Skills for Success:
- Prior experience in enterprise SaaS or B2B Marketing
- 5+ years experience owning Product Marketing function
- 2+ years managerial experience
- Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Team player, with a willingness to both lead and execute
- Experience working with a sales and or partner team
- Highly organized, with an eye for detail and a knack for project management
- Passion for innovation and a solid understanding of technologies and business trends
- Takes a humanistic approach to product marketing, putting the customer first
- Strong listening, questioning, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with personalization, segmentation, and A/B testing solutions a plus
- Background in eCommerce a plus
- HTML / CSS / JS knowledge a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Dynamic Yield is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law