About our Product Marketing Manager
Part of the Product Management organization, as Dynamic Yield’s Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with Product Management to define:
Marketing program guidance: In conjunction with the Product Manager, you will outline the product positioning which articulates the value proposition. You will create and manage the messaging which links each feature to a customer-oriented benefit.
Market strategy: Lay the foundation for market success. It is the high-level thinking, planning, and research that happens before a product goes to market. As a Product Marketing Manager you will need to have an in-depth knowledge of target markets and know how to best introduce Dynamic Yield products into each market. You will use market research and competitive analysis to develop market strategies.
Marketing expert: You will work closely with the marketing department to clearly define the go-to-market principles and techniques and execute a marketing communication sequence that leads to sales and customer usage.
The Task- at- Hand:
- Market intelligence — an expert on the buyers, who are they, how they buy, and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape — be an expert on the competition and how they are positioned.
- Analyze sales data and channel information and then create plans to improve product line sales most likely using marketing and sale techniques
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when, and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Create with product management consistent positioning statements, messaging, and the associated proof points. This source material is used by marketing to generate public-facing marketing collateral
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; help develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
Optimal Skills for Success:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in a B2B SaaS platform
- At least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is, or isn’t, working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.