Dynamic Transit is an asset-based, truckload carrier located in Granite City, IL. We are looking for an experienced, safety conscious Diesel Technician to join the team.
- Friday- Monday or Thursday- Sunday w/ three days off.
Hours per week:
- Examine equipment to determine extent of damage or malfunctions
- Repair, replace, and adjust brakes
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined and other potentially troublesome areas
- Plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and experience
- Communicate with driver to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrication, and tune-ups
- Repair manual and automatic transmissions
- Replace and adjust headlights
- Complies with all safety, DOT and OSHA guidelines
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Ensure cleanliness of shop and surrounding areas.
Basic Qualifications (MINIMUM):
- Must have own tools
- 2+ years preventive maintenance experience required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license required (CDL preferred/not required)
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Pass drug screening
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position (lifting excess of 80 lbs, bending, climbing and standing for duration of a work shift)
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Short term disability, life, critical care, & accident insurance
- Paid vacation
- Profit sharing
- Company provided uniforms
- Career advancement
Apply online, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or qualified applicants may also apply in person at 2530 Rock Road, Granite City, IL 62040.