Workplace Experience Lead
(Location: New York, NY - Onsite)
At dYdX you'll have an opportunity to build state-of-the-art decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining us at this early stage you will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of dYdX.
→ Learn more about working at dYdX and our benefits
- We’ve built the world’s leading decentralized exchange for advanced trading of crypto assets
- dYdX is founded by an ex-Coinbase, ex-Uber engineer, with a Princeton CS background. Our team has previous experience at Google, Bloomberg, Amazon, Lyft, NerdWallet, Facebook and other top companies
- We're a world-class team with top backers and advisors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, Brian Armstrong, Fred Ehrsam, Naval Ravikant, Elad Gil and more
- The most important responsibility for this role is helping to build an exceptional in person culture and help to facilitate relationship building for the broader dYdX team
- Elevate the workplace experience by providing memorable experiences and generating excitement and engagement; be a welcoming presence for our employees and guests
- Proactively plan weekly in person team events for NYC and monthly events for our remote team - including but not limited to happy hours, game nights, community volunteer events, etc.
- Rally and energize the team to be active participants in these events
- Handle the day to day workplace operations in our NYC and San Francisco offices to ensure the offices are running smoothly and efficiently, delivering a high level of service to our employees. This includes: grocery delivery, ordering office supplies, daily lunch orders, office clean-up and organization, office repairs / projects as needed, mail, shipping and receiving, etc.
- Support onsite / offsite events as needed
- Develop and manage a strong relationship with the on-site property management teams in NYC and SF, and partner with those teams for day-to-day activities
- Source and coordinate with appropriate vendors
- 4+ years of experience working in a workplace, office management, or facilities coordinator role to help create a first class employee experience
- Exceptional skills in customer service, hospitality-focused, and strong attention to detail
- Experience in event planning e.g. - plan weekly team events for NYC and monthly events for our remote team, happy hours, company game nights, community volunteer events, etc.
- Experience in building strong in person culture
- Excited to rally the team around participating in in-person events
- Willingness to work in our New York office 5 days per week; travel to, and work in, our San Francisco office as needed
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills
- Ability to be creative, problem solve and deliver strong results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building skills with the ability to recognize company needs
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proficiency with G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Interest in crypto
- Experience working at a fast-paced startup
Salary range for this role is $130K to $170K USD (NY). Compensation subject to experience and location. Published salary bands pursuant to transparency laws, and do not include possible variable compensation such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentive.