At dYdX you'll have an opportunity to build state-of-the-art decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining us at this early stage you will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of dYdX.
- We've built the world's leading decentralized exchange for advanced trading of crypto assets
- dYdX is founded by an ex-Coinbase, ex-Uber engineer, with a Princeton CS background. Our team has previous experience at Google, Bloomberg, Amazon, NerdWallet, Lyft, Facebook and other top companies
- We're a world-class team with top backers and advisors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, Brian Armstrong, Fred Ehrsam, Naval Ravikant, Elad Gil and more
Who are you?
You are an early-to-middle stage software engineer, excited to work on a small team and take on a broad set of responsibilities. You’re looking for an environment where you will have significant individual responsibilities but also close mentorship from Senior engineers.
You should have:
- >1 year professional coding experience with great references and examples of contributions you made to the team / project
- or an Android application in the app store that you can share and talk in detail through the source code
What will we expect of you?
You should be eager to learn about and execute on everything that goes into Android application engineering. This includes working with stakeholders from around the company to understand what our product requirements are, advocating for plans to best achieve those requirements, and executing on those plans.
You will be expected to contribute quickly to the codebase and with guidance grow to be a lead maintainer of the codebase and app. You should be ready to challenge yourself and learn quickly and excited about the opportunity to take on scope and work on unique problems.
About our engineering team?
Your Android mentor will be Jay Bobzin, in/jbbobzin/ who has been building Android applications for over 10 years, including being a core maintainer and staff eng for the Uber Rider app. He is excited to train someone to overtake him as the primary Android expert at the company, so that he can dedicate more energy to some particular rough edges when building mobile apps for crypto backends.
Nice to have
- Prior Kotlin & Android experience - An understanding of coroutines, flow, multiplatform, experience working as part of a product focused engineering team
- An interest in blockchain technology - Cosmos, Ethereum & smart contracts
Salary range for this role is 190K - 200K USD (CA, NY, or remote). Compensation subject to experience and location. Published salary bands pursuant to transparency laws, and do not include possible variable compensation such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentive.