THE JOB / Director, Sponsorship Valuation
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
** Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.**
We are looking for a Director, Sponsorship Valuation to join our Strategy team. In this role, you will conduct sponsorship valuations that advise the fair market value of a proposal, renewal, or new partnership offering. You also will lead in applying and refining our methodology, while harnessing the data of a team that evaluates more than $2 billion in partnership assets each year.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assess the fair market value of clients’ current and proposed partnerships
- Manage database of partnership data and identify insights to the benefit of Octagon and its clients
- Be a key contributor to multiple client initiatives that involve data-driven sponsorship and marketing recommendations
- Assess the effectiveness of and measure the impact of current partnerships
- Collect data on competitors and the market, and present relevant insights as actionable strategies for brands or properties
- Drive Octagon’s sponsorship valuation methodology forward
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the world’s largest sports and entertainment agency that brands turn to when they need to know which sports, teams, leagues, and properties to sponsor. We are the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we think that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of proven partnership valuation experience
- Deep understanding of the sports marketing landscape; previous agency or rights holder experience preferred
- Experience constructing comprehensive measurement programs, primary research experience a plus
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel proficiency, data visualization experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to convey sophisticated ideas in a straightforward way
- Comfort driving and executing several initiatives simultaneously
- Experience advising and mentoring team members
The base range for this position is $80,000 – 95,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure, and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans, and consumers is top of mind for our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.