New Business Intern – Boston (Hybrid)
10 Week Program (05/31/23 - 08/11/23) - Pay: $18/hour
We believe in Extraordinary.
Is flawless organization in your blood? Do you like curveballs and thinking on your feet? Are you excited by the prospect of the pitch, and thrilled by the win? This is the internship for you! The New Business Intern provides support to the new business department throughout the pitch/proposal process and assists with departmental operations. You’ll be an integral part of what makes our business run, using your resourcefulness and problem-solving skills to their fullest in the fast-paced world of business development.
What you’ll do
- Work with the New Business team and necessary collaborating departments to oversee the development and delivery of client proposals and capabilities presentations
- Read relevant news and trade publications to identify market trends, competitive activity, and potential client opportunities
- Develop and maintain new business outreach systems for Account Team members
- Enter, track, and report pipeline activity for prospective and existing clients through the company client relationship management system
- Learn and follow agency processes, ultimately executing all necessary pitch logistics, which may include:
- Project management of new business outreach plans
- Keeping of departmental calendar
- Maintaining library of all final decks, proposal, and client documents
- Commit to 10 weeks (May 31st – August 11th of 2023) of hard work, learning, and fun, day in, day out
Who you are
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad, or grad student
- Extraordinary! Both as a person and a multi-tasker
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat
- Cool under pressure, prepared for every possible situation that might pop up
- Passionate, Agile, Respectful, and Brave!
What you gain
We provide an intern experience as extraordinary as the work we deliver for our clients. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves (check out our blog and Instagram for more on that). You can expect to learn and grow from the best in the business and gain valuable agency experience while meeting and working with incredible people during a summer you’ll never forget.
What you’ll bring to Jack
- College Degree or degree in progress. Great fits: Degrees in Communications, Business, Marketing and Psychology
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and a proactive mentality in any project you complete
- Superior communication skills to make sure everyone is on the same page
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- An exceptional sense of urgency coupled with an outstanding level of thoroughness
Last, not least
Overachiever? We love it. Feel free to add a note (300 words max) addressing the following when you apply:
- Why are you interested in Jack and this particular role?
- Tell us: “Why choose me?
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role may require the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, in some instances proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required. In those instances, accommodations may be requested based on a valid medical exemption, sincerely held religious belief, or other exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.