Executive Vice President, Chicago Corporate Practice Leader
About the Opportunity:
Golin is seeking a strategic and growth-minded agency leader to lead our Chicago Corporate Practice. As the leader of the Chicago Corporate Group, you will be responsible for designing and implementing strategies that continue to strengthen Golin’s leadership position as a leading corporate practice in the Chicago and Midwest market. You will lead a dynamic and successful team, win and retain client work that helps some of the world’s most well-known companies promote and protect their corporate brands, and work across offices and geographies to help drive agency growth.
Golin is seeking a driven, proven agency leader with experience advising senior level clients, a track record of winning new business, and a passion for helping lead and develop people.
About Golin’s Corporate Practice:
Whether your company’s brand is a consumer-centric brand or a business-to-business brand, you have a story to tell. As the impact and speed of change continues to accelerate rapidly, blurring the lines between corporations and consumers, internal and external, media and brands, and employees and customers, telling that story to your key stakeholders gets more challenging.
We use bold, creative thinking to change how the world sees and thinks about companies, businesses, and brands – and how they perceive the world. Through obsessive, inclusive collaboration, bold creative solutions designed for the corporate world and close partnerships with clients, stakeholders, customers and influencers, campaigners and lawmakers, NGOs and CEOs.
Informed by data, we bring decades of creative consumer thinking to unlock the value of corporate reputation. We take real-time storytelling to the next level, earn the attention of audiences that matter and drive reputation and business results. We Go. All. In.
As head of the Golin’s largest Corporate Practice, you will be working across offices and practices across the U.S. and Canada to drive business impact for our clients and growth in the marketplace.
Our Corporate Practice is comprised of former reporters, government staffers, in-house communicators and storytellers, digital and social media gurus and analytics experts offering a full suite of corporate communications capabilities, including:
- Corporate Reputation Counsel
- Corporate positioning, narrative and creative platform development
- Competitive Landscape and Positioning Research & Counsel
- Corporate Issues & Crisis Management including Litigation, transaction support, strategy changes, pre-/post-crisis recovery, leadership change
- Corporate Media Strategy & Relations
- Master Narrative and Messaging
- Thought Leadership
- EV360: Executive Vision & Visibility, social engagement
- Employee Communications + Change Management
- Integrated Corporate-Consumer program development
- ESG, Purpose Advisory & Counsel
- Public Affairs: Policy Influencer + Stakeholder Engagement
- Earnings Communications; IPO, M&A, SPAC, Restructure
- B2B and Enterprise newsroom & content strategy
Our Corporate Practice in Chicago is Golin’s largest corporate practice in the network and acts as a hub for our agency partners around the world. We are looking for our next leader to join this growing, world-class team.
A successful candidate has a proven track record of success:
- Leading teams and client portfolios at mid-size and/or large agencies.
- Advising c-suite executives on how to navigate reputational challenges and issues with key investor, policy, employee, and business audiences.
- Building winning corporate reputation and B2B campaigns for clients.
- Recruiting, retaining, and developing talent on agency teams.
- Growing and leading client account teams, helping clients solve business challenges, bringing problem-solving strategies rooted in data and analytics, working across agency and client teams to bring the best of Golin to bear for our clients.
- As a strong leader with high EQ, excellent communications skills, sales and presentation skills, experience with top tier media and c-suite engagements.
- In close partnership with the leadership of the Chicago office, the U.S. Corporate Practice leadership team and agency leadership, leading and growing the Corporate Practice in Chicago and across the U.S. network.
- New business development including sourcing new business leads, responding to in-bound new business RFPs, pitching and winning business.
- Partnering with key office leaders, practice leaders, and Golin’s TCL leadership to bring the best of Golin in leading a portfolio of clients, to identify both organic and new business opportunities, develop thought leadership to favorably position Golin in the marketplace, and lead a team of talented corporate practice team members.
- Leading successful client assignments for Golin.
- Creating new tools and offerings for Golin.
- At least 20 years of relevant experience in Corporate Affairs, Corporate Communications, and/or related fields with a strong preference given to proven success in mid - large agencies.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Client-side experience or mid-large agency experience in successful leadership of client assignments in at least 3-4 of the following areas: corporate reputation and/or B2B campaigns, corporate reputation risk and issues, corporate media relations, executive positioning and thought leadership, crisis and issues preparedness and communications, public affairs awareness and education campaigns, and corporate brand messaging.
- Foster an empowered culture built on diversity and to continue to develop our corporate practice team talent.
- Excellent critical thinking, writing, presentation, project management, and consultative skills.
- Self-starter, self-guided leader who works well in fast-paced environment.
The role is based in Chicago, and we are offering flexibility and a hybrid work status, working remotely from home as needed and on-site in our Chicago office at least two days per week with the team.
PAY RANGE: $185,000-350,000
Golin has included the base salary range or hourly rate for this role. Actual compensation offered within the range will depend upon, among other factors: a candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience; actual ranges for current or former employees in the role; and market considerations.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Any request to schedule an interview and any legitimate offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Golin. We will never require an applicant to provide sensitive personally identifiable information in order to conduct an interview.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.