THE JOB / Account Executive
Do you love events and creating experiences? Do you have an interest in developing consumer experiences across several sports and cause properties? Are you a quick study and looking to jump start your career in sports marketing? If so, this may be your next big move!
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our dynamic team to support the development of consumer experiences for our financial services client. This role supports a dedicated team that creates events supporting our client’s integrated campaigns. Our campaigns feature programming with iconic sports & CSR partnerships – including MLB, NFL and Film properties!
Our ideal candidate will be organized, detail oriented, a creative thinker and a great communicator. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative, a self-starter, and is comfortable taking the lead and voicing their opinions and ideas. If you love events and want to be part of an experienced team of passionate marketers, this may be the job for you.
This role will report to the team’s Account Manager who will manage the coordination and communication of responsibilities across multiple account verticals.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support account team across multiple programs
- Assist with vendor management, logistical planning, preparation of event documents to aid in execution/recapping, etc.
- Support teammates with planning and execution of experiential marketing programs both in person and virtual
- Develop agendas and take detailed notes for weekly meetings with both internal and external collaborators
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of financial service client’s sponsorship portfolio and business initiatives
- Manage documents such as status reports, inventory tracking documents and meeting notes
- Participate in brainstorms and creative ideation and provide research as requested
- Additional projects as assigned, which may include: assistance on other events/programs, competitive research, POVs, property research, etc.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A fan or expert of sports, cause, music, and event planning preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience within an agency or client service experience and event planning preferred
- “No job is too small or too big” approach, with a can-do attitude and desire to succeed
- You can have a good time sitting in brainstorms and coming up with fun ideas
- An individual who is coachable and willing to adapt in a fast-paced work environment
- A sense of humor and the ability to tell a good story (we like to laugh)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You’re a go-getter, you demonstrate initiative and embrace new challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend travel
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.