Account Director – Client Experience, Digital, Healthcare
Weber Shandwick – Boston
The Boston office has an opportunity for a proven communications professional with 7+ years of social and digital media experience to join our team as a Director in our growing digital healthcare practice. The ideal candidate will have previous digital healthcare experience, and is a motivated, proactive team player who is strong in account management, content development and creative thinking. He/she possesses a thorough understanding of the client's business, the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, digital and social media, measurement and communications strategies.
If that is you, let’s talk!
- Support day-to-day social strategy for a major client across a portfolio of brands, becoming an expert on our clients’ business and understanding how their communications objectives help achieve business goals.
- Ability to confidently advise internal and client teams on integrated digital marketing strategy and execution
- Develop project plans, calendars, and workflow processes for a variety of tactics, including social and digital media (long-form editorial content, blogging, microsites, social networks, syndication, etc.) and provide senior client counsel
- Deep experience within cross-channel digital marketing strategies, working closely with different teams including creative, paid media, planning and PR. Oversee content production from concept to execution to measurement.
- Strong understanding of digital analytics and measurement and performance-driven insights
- Maintain a keen interest in current industry trends, and act as a thought leader in elevating these trends to directly and indirectly affect clients and our digital health practice
- Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client, particularly the regulatory landscape and its implications on the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry’s use of social media.
- Generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
- Experiment constantly. Pilot new tactics and strategies and prove their effectiveness through data.
- Thinking: Seeing the forest through the trees for our clients and not getting caught in the minutia. Intellectual curiosity and creativity, as well as a constant drive to experiment and figure out how to achieve goals is a must.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Storytelling: Understand the elements that make a story exciting, what brands are doing in the press and on social platforms, and what they should do next.
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast and work well.
- Interpersonal: Collaborate well and play nice, whether it’s in a team, with other teams or independently.
- Passion: To deliver high-quality work, build close client relationships, execute effectively, and be motivated by the work.
- Technical: Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics and Insights), research & execution tools (e.g., Hootsuite, Khoros, Brandwatch). Experience with media databases and social tracking tools are a bonus.
- Detail-Oriented: Whether it’s a strategy presentation, client social posts or communications, or monthly insights reporting, attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is essential.
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart.
- Growth: Recognize where you can grow and be open to learning opportunities.
- Be a lead strategist for digital clients
- Be a demonstrated self-starter and work well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team to deliver client success
- Provide client counsel while serving as a strategic driver for client meetings and presentations
- Expand the digital deliverables and offerings for our team
- Assist in the development and implementation of paid, owned and earned programs
- Efficiently manage client and team resources and deliverables around major campaigns and projects
- Write content briefs and develop project timelines
- Manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously, while managing budgets and staffing around programs and campaigns
- Have excellent organization and time management skills
- Have very strong written and verbal communications skills
- Be able and eager to quickly learn new systems, tools, approaches and platforms
- Effectively manage client and team expectations around timelines, work and deliverables
- 7+ years of experience within the digital marketing industry (e.g., PR, digital, ad agency, etc.) with a strong understanding of integrated strategies
- 3+ years team management experience leading small groups and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong experience in both large-scale and start-up business environments preferred
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money - $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.