Are you a savvy media strategist with a genuine passion for beauty PR? A skilled marketer with integrated campaign expertise? You’re constantly in the know on the latest pop-culture and beauty trends? Have relationships with beauty & lifestyle media? Then we want to hear from you!
Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global PR agency – we’re an engagement agency and we’re working in and around the cutting edge of the new media landscape. We’re storytellers, content creators, and we engage people IN the story. We employ the best in the industry and beyond, working across sectors including consumer, healthcare, technology, public affairs, crisis management, social impact, and digital/social media. Our success is built on a deep commitment to client service and to our people. We embrace creativity and collaboration, and we engage stakeholders in new and creative ways to build brands and reputations.
Weber Shandwick’s New York office is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled Account Director with deep beauty PR experience on the Integrated Media Team. The right candidate will have excellent press contacts, can develop and implement media strategies, and can demonstrate a high degree of initiative and creativity when proactively identifying and proposing new opportunities for their brands. This candidate is an articulate presenter, possesses exceptional writing and communication skills, is competent at media analysis’ and must have an established understanding of PR, social and influencer marketing.
- Drive day-to-day client relations and serve as a client counsel for all earned media inquiries & opportunities
- Develop and lead storytelling and media outreach strategies
- Successfully execute long and short-term communications plans by generating coverage in key publications, ensuring KPIs are met and/or exceeded
- Develop press materials including but not limited to: creative, eye-catching media pitches; key messaging and FAQ documents; informative press releases
- Proactive about developing ideas for media outreach and pitch efforts; Brainstorm creative and effective ways to generate additional press coverage to enhance PR campaigns in addition to those lighter moments between campaigns
- Provide insight and counsel on emerging trends and online media developments as they affect the beauty industry, public relations and marketing
- Maintain regular day-to-day contact and close relationships with key press, particularly NY based beauty press and influencers
- Manage/mentor the work of junior team members and is able to coordinate with integrated agency teams
- Efficient and organized with excellent time management skills
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, international relations, or a related field)
- A minimum of 7+ years of communications experience (previous PR/marketing agency experience preferred)
- Must have PR experience working on beauty brands
- Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
- Strong writing, project management and organizational skills; and ability to multi-task to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality
- Experience working on fully integrated campaigns that incorporate social and digital media, content, and influencer partnerships
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate work across strategy, creative and production teams
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money - $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
NYC Salary range: $100,000 - $125,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.