We are seeking a strong Account Director with both account management and media relations experience to join our Consumer practice! You have a knack for fostering strong relationships with your clients and your media contacts. You love the thrill of the pitch and seek out opportunities to immerse yourself in consumer technology, pop culture and trends.
Have a proven track record with the following? We want to hear from you!
- Bringing a client-focused attitude that results in work being performed to the highest quality standards
- Exceptional client service record with ability to counsel and interact effectively with senior management at client organizations
- Crafting and telling compelling stories
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with national and regional consumer / lifestyle / tech reporters
- Counseling junior members of the team to effectively work with the media
- Proven aptitude to solve problems, handle crises, and make quick decisions with incomplete information
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to craft strategy for new business presentations
- Allocating agency resources in accordance with our client's budget
What We’re Looking For:
- Senior account management and media strategist hybrid with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience and a background in consumer, tech, and/or retail
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Client interaction, media relations and product knowledge
- Working in and/or with large, marketing-oriented companies
- Effective team supervision and leadership
- Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
- Several close relationships with top-tier lifestyle/consumer media at the national level and a history of successful placements.
- Management of earned media campaigns including thought leadership, product launches, business campaigns (M&A, etc.)
- Ability to counsel senior clients and their executives with flawless earned media strategy
- Ability to media train senior clients
- Can integrate earned media strategy seamlessly with digital, social and paid
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money - $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.