Manager, Media Relations (Tech)
Weber Shandwick Southwest is looking for a Manager, Media Relations to join our passionate, fun, and driven team focused on supporting tech/telecom clients.
We are seeking a Manager who has a strong interest in media-related work with a foundation of media relations skills pitching tech (telecom, security), top-tier, consumer and vertical press. The ideal candidate is someone who has some previous project and team management experience, loves the thrill of the pitch, can help manage the clients and teams, brings existing media relationships and is interested in building more, familiarity with current events in the media, and constantly seeking opportunities to leverage cultural engagement.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide day-to-day leadership and client engagement
- Oversee other team member’s media work, to foster excellence and success
- Support and assist team members with client-related projects
- Source earned media results on behalf of the client – this includes identifying appropriate contacts, writing pitches, drafting media lists, making follow up calls, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and target audience
- Stay current on new and existing media coverage
- Assist with ongoing reporting, research and monitoring projects for the client
- Monitor media outlets to understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
- Analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Support creative ideation on a consistent basis and provide thoughtful recommendations
- Assist with drafting and managing media projects
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong research skills stemming from a media focused curiosity
- Ability to build trust and rapport with the client and team across all levels
- Demonstrate a proactive and forward thinking mindset
- Integrated skill set that combines media relations, content creation and digital expertise
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple jobs in a day
- Intuitive thinker who asks probing questions and anticipates and addresses needs
- Sound business and professional ethics
- Years Experience: 4-6 years of experience in similar industry
- Education: BA or BS degree in Communications or a related discipline
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
• 401k (with employer match)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Juice Money - $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
• MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
• Short-Term Disability
• Paid Employee Family Leave
• Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.