**Open to Chicago or NY - Hybrid
Founded more than 15 years ago and headquartered in Chicago, the DV Group of financial services firms has grown to more than 350 people operating throughout North America and in Europe. Since spinning out of a large brokerage firm in 2016, DV Trading has rapidly scaled as an independent proprietary trading firm utilizing its own capital, trading strategies, and risk management methodologies to provide liquidity to worldwide financial markets and hedging opportunities to commodity producers and users. Now, DV group affiliates include two broker dealers, a cryptocurrency market making firm, and a bourgeoning investment adviser.
As an infrastructure automation engineer, you will help shape the direction of IT by introducing DevOps practices to help scale our server, desktop, and networking infrastructure, while ensuring our environment works optimally through even the most extreme market conditions. Having a decisive nature, engineering mindset and preference for simple solutions are essential to keeping our systems reliable.
- Drive forward the adoption of infrastructure as code across all technology teams
- Design, develop, and maintain automation frameworks and scripts to support continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD), and infrastructure as code (IaC) pipelines.
- Collaborate with engineering, trade support, and operations teams to identify opportunities for automation and drive the implementation of automated processes.
- Implement configuration management tools such as Ansible to automate provisioning, configuration, and deployment of infrastructure and applications.
- Work with and mentor technology teams on best practices related to building and maintaining Infrastructure as Code tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to automation tools, scripts, and infrastructure configurations.
- Ensure security best practices are integrated into automation solutions, including compliance with company policies and industry standards.
- Monitor and optimize automated processes, identifying areas for improvement and implementing enhancements.
- Participate in code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and adhere to established coding standards.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies in automation, DevOps, and cloud computing
- You have a passion for automation!
- Proven experience as an Automation Engineer or similar role.
- Proficiency in automation tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, or similar technologies.
- Proficiency in Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Strong scripting skills with languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience automating across Linux, Windows, and Networking a plus
- Understanding of CI/CD principles and tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or CircleCI.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- You are not afraid to challenge consensus.
- You seek out opportunities to leave your comfort zone and enjoy frequent
DV is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only search firms with valid, written agreements with DV should submit resumes in response to DV’s posted positions. All resumes submitted by search firms to DV via e-mail, the Internet, personal delivery, facsimile, or any other method without a valid written agreement shall be deemed the sole property of DV, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by DV. DV is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.