dv01 is lifting the curtain on the largest financial market in the world: structured finance. The $16+ trillion market is the backbone of everyday activities that empower financial freedom, from consolidating credit card debt and refinancing student loans, to buying a home and starting a small business.
dv01’s data analytics platform brings unparalleled transparency into investment performance and risk for lenders and Wall Street investors in structured products. As a data-first company, we wrangle critical loan data and build modern analytical tools that enable strategic decision-making for responsible lending. In a nutshell, we're helping prevent a repeat of the 2008 global financial crisis by offering the data and tools required to make smarter data-driven decisions resulting in a safer world for all of us.
More than 400 of the largest financial institutions use dv01 for our coverage of over 75 million loans spanning mortgages, personal loans, auto, buy-now-pay-later programs, small business, and student loans. dv01 continues to expand coverage of new markets, adding loans monthly, and developing new technologies for the structured products universe.
To get a better idea of what a year at dv01 looks like, check out our 2022 Year in Review page here: https://dv01.co/year-in-review/2022/ If that looks like fun to you, get in touch because we'd love to hear from you.
Manage a team of talented engineers
- Support and foster a quality-first, agile culture focused on shipping the dv01 web application.
- Drive consistent team execution, while overseeing and improving the product engineering process.
- Build, coach, and develop a team of experienced engineers by developing their careers and skills
- Coordinate technical design, architecture, and implementation of new features on both the frontend (React + Redux) and backend (Scala + Play). Be well respected by engineers due to your curiosity, knowledge, and experience
Collaborate with other teams and leaders at dv01
- Partner with product management and stakeholders to define the roadmaps, plan, and report on technical projects that cut across the entire organization
- Drive strong partnerships between engineering teams, product/project management, and design
- Continue to build out a mature cloud application with consistent and useful monitoring, logging, and metrics with the help of our Cloud team
Learn and grow with dv01
- Learn and understand all aspects of our product lines, and develop a deep appreciation for our loan data and the tools we have built around it
- Broaden your knowledge of finance and work to incorporate cutting edge technologies
- An engineering professional with 4+ years of experience leading/mentoring a full-stack Agile development team
- A strong leader with the ability to dive in to technical/project details to ensure alignment across engineering, product, and the business
- Someone who truly cares about development and growth of your team
- Undergrad or masters in Computer Science or a STEM field
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years past experience as a frontend or backend engineer
- Ability to provide high-level technical guidance and stewardship to engineers
- Capacity to evaluate and advocate for appropriate engineering solutions, ensuring optimal use of resources and avoiding over-engineering
- Passion for staying current with programming languages and tooling to effectively support and empower your team
- Strong familiarity with React/Angular frameworks
- Experience with Typescript, GraphQL, and Java/Scala/C#
- Experience with Google Cloud (or any of the major cloud platforms)
- Familiarity with finance, specifically structured products
In good faith our salary range for this role is $200,000 - $230,000 but are not tied to it. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience, expertise, and other business considerations.
Our community is fueled by diverse people who welcome differing points of view and the opportunity to learn from each other. Our team is passionate about building a product people love and a culture where everyone can innovate and thrive.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Unlimited PTO. Unplug and rejuvenate, however you want—whether that’s vacationing on the beach or at home on a mental-health day.
- In-House Personal & Performance Development Coach. Recharge with our in-house personal & performance development coach, who is here to listen and help guide in your self-development and overall wellness.
- $1,000 Learning & Development Fund. No matter where you are in your career, always invest in your future. We encourage you to attend conferences, take classes, and lead workshops. We also host hackathons, brunch & learns, and other employee-led learning opportunities.
- Remote-First Environment. People thrive in a flexible and supportive environment that best invigorates them. You can work from your home, cafe, or hotel. You decide.
- Health Care and Financial Planning. We offer a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package for you and your family. We also offer a 401(k) for you to contribute.
- Free Equinox Membership or $1,650 Annual Fitness Fund. Regular exercise offers a plethora of mental and physical health benefits. You can either enroll in an all-access Equinox membership or at your preferred gym. Or take advantage of our fitness fund, which can be used toward at-home workout equipment (yes, including a Peloton).
- New Family Bonding. Primary caregivers can take 12 weeks off 100% paid leave, while secondary caregivers can take 3 weeks. Returning to work after bringing home a new child isn’t easy, which is why we’re flexible and empathetic to the needs of new parents.
dv01 is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law.