Who We Are:
Dusty Robotics develops robot-powered tools for the modern construction workforce.
While today's buildings are built predominantly with manual labor, Dusty envisions a future in which skilled labor makes use of robotic automation to make the work safer, more efficient, and more precise! We want to create a future where construction workers don't need to retire early because their bodies give out. In Dusty's future, the buildings we live and work in are built by teams of creative and problem-solving construction crews who direct robots to do the dull/dirty/dangerous work.
What We're Building:
Dusty bridges the gap between the digital world of building design with the skilled labor operating in the field, accelerating the digital transformation of the construction industry. The centerpiece of our strategy is the FieldPrinter: a mobile printer-on-wheels that prints building floorplans full-size on the concrete floor of a construction site. When errors in layout can cause multi-million-dollar mistakes, our product ensures that all field crews are building off of a single source of truth derived from the digital model.
You have the opportunity to be part of the leadership team of a premier Customer Success organization being built from the ground up, within a fast-growing construction robotics company delivering a product that revolutionizes the construction process.
In this role, your mission is to create the Dusty Customer Experience, deliver it to our subscription customers, and to renew and expand our subscription revenue base. You will lead a dynamic team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs). Dusty’s CSMs are trusted advisors for our account portfolio of innovative construction companies, focused on enabling and growing our customers’ utilization of our FieldPrinter automated layout solution. You will facilitate account growth by identifying barriers to full utilization and removing those roadblocks from our customers’ workflows. Your efforts will increase revenue growth and accelerate Dusty’s expansion on construction projects across the US and around the world. Your success will depend on your understanding of our customers and their needs, fluency with our offering and how it can be used to create value for our customers, top-notch relationship building and collaboration skills, mentorship capabilities, and a drive to have the hard, nuanced conversations that will ultimately make our customers successful.
You will individually be responsible for a small number of accounts in order to remain close to the customer. In this capacity, you will work directly with our customers to ensure successful deployment of our technology and train clients in how to operate our products while identifying ways for them to increase utilization. You will lead regular customer success calls to gather feedback, proactively resolve problems, and suggest ways to increase adoption. You will visit your regional clients on their job sites.
This role reports to the Vice President of Customer Success, who reports to the CEO. You will be measured on customer utilization, renewal rate, and net revenue retention. This role requires spending meaningful time at customer construction sites and/or customer offices, with up to 25-50% travel.
- Utilization & Value Realization - Creative resolutions to help our customers achieve their business objectives through increasing their utilization of Dusty
- Renewal & Expansion - Maintain and grow our revenue base by identifying and executing on opportunities to grow each account
- Training & Adoption - Onboard and train clients on proper use of our FieldPrinter system
- Dusty Customer Experience - Develop the Dusty Customer Experience for subscription customers, including processes, systems, tools, metrics, and reporting, as well as the customer journey
- Lead & Build Team - Lead team of Customer Success Managers. Recruit and hire extraordinary talent
- Accelerate Dusty - Collaborate cross-functionally internally at Dusty to accelerate go-to-market, manufacturing, product, engineering, and other initiatives that require voice of the customer input
- 12+ years experience in customer success, account management, or similar customer facing role
- 5+ years experience in the AEC industry with senior customer-facing responsibilities
- Have built and led account portfolios/ teams of $100M+ ARR
- Experience building and growing Customer Success organizations
- Strong grasp of Customer Success methods and workflows
- Proven experience in fostering positive relationships with customer executives and adeptly driving negotiations towards advantageous outcomes for all parties
- Self-driven and proactive nature
- Passion for construction technology
- San Francisco Bay Area preferred
- Travel 25-50%
Why You Should Join:
In joining our team, you’ll become an important part of a small and fast-growing company. We are daring to accomplish something big, do you want to be a critical part of Dusty's success? We are deeply committed to our mission, and we believe in removing roadblocks that distract us from reaching our goals.
To that end, we offer an unlimited vacation policy, a 401k with employer match, reasonable work hours, and flexible schedules. We know that our best work happens when we feel well-rested and capable of focusing all of our energy on making Dusty successful!
Strong, effective teams are composed of people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences who bring a variety of perspectives to their work. We actively encourage applications from a diverse pool, including those from historically under-represented groups such as women, people of color, people who identify LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and immigrants.
Our Code of Conduct:
Dusty Robotics exists to serve a wide variety of customers from all walks of life. We believe that our mission is best served in an environment that is friendly, safe, accepting, and free of intimidation or harassment. We do not tolerate abusive behavior.
Where You'll Work:
Dusty’s offices are located in Mountain View, CA. You will be primarily working from our office in this role to facilitate rapid coordination with executive leadership and business teams. You can also expect to travel a small amount to customer locations around the US.