Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
The Duolingo English Test’s mission is to use technology to lower barriers to education for non-native English speakers. With over 4,000 accepting programs worldwide, the DET has grown to make testing more accessible to international students. But we’ve got more left to do—and that’s where you come in!
The Duolingo English Test is looking for a…
An experienced professional to build the strategy and lead DET’s institutional engagement teams outside the US! You will lead a team based in our international priority markets of Australia, Canada, and the UK. You will manage efforts for growing the adoption of the DET within academic institutions internationally, focusing on our top priority markets: Australia, Canada, UK. This role reports to the Senior Director of Institutional Engagement and partners closely with Government Affairs, US Institutional Engagement, Marketing, and Test Taker Markets colleagues. You will also work closely with peers in Assessment R&D, Security, Proctoring, Product Management, and Engineering.
- Work with senior leadership to develop a strategy to increase adoption of the DET at academic institutions outside the United States
- Lead, develop, and scale our local institutional engagement staff in Australia, Canada, UK
- Uphold Duolingo’s company operating principles among remote employees
- Build and track country-specific growth metrics including growing institutional acceptance
- Provide product and market feedback to improve DET’s market fit internationally
- Gather and share local market intelligence to influence and contribute to our strategy
- Travel internationally to key markets to support institutional engagement activities
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15+ years of professional experience in international education
- Experience in people and project management
- Experience leading multifunction teams in different locations
- Expertise building positive relationships and influencing decisions with organizational leadership to support diverse, local market needs
- Experience living and working outside of the US
- Flexibility to engage with colleagues in time-zones around the globe
- Conviction for our mission to make high-quality language learning accessible to everyone!
- Ability to travel within North America and internationally frequentl
- Master’s degree or PhD
- Experience in assessment products, EdTech or government affairs
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.