Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
The Duolingo English Test is an alternative to traditional high-stakes testing — through a Duolingo-style experience: convenient, fast, and affordable. Students interested in studying abroad can certify their English with the Duolingo English Test in place of other standardized tests like the TOEFL and IELTS. We are now accepted by 4,000+ higher education institutions worldwide. Using AI and remote proctoring, we enable students to take the test online, on-demand, anywhere in the world. If you love making a difference in education through technology, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a strategic, resourceful, and analytical leader to drive partnerships with key players in the international education ecosystem, and own strategic projects that will grow Duolingo English Test’s business globally.
You will help define Duolingo English Test’s go-to-market partnership strategy in key markets, and take a structured and proactive approach to implementation. You will play an integral role in growing this business from 0-to-1 in new markets. The ideal candidate fluidly toggles between strategy and execution and excels in a fast feedback-loop environment.
Reporting to the Head of Asia of the Duolingo English Test, this is a remote position based in Singapore. You will work closely with team members located across Asia as well as in the US, with regular business travel expected.
- Define a partnership strategy in key Asian markets (ex. China), including mapping partners in the study abroad ecosystem, identifying engagement tactics, and prioritizing for execution
- Pursue and lead high-impact regional and global partnerships
- Evaluate the economic and strategic case of partnerships and new initiatives
- Develop scalable global programs and offerings that incentivize and enable partners, working closely with cross-functional teams and internal collaborators
- Explore expansion into new markets and use cases
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in fast-paced, global work environments, collaborating with cross-functional and executive audiences
- 10+ years of relevant work experience across partner marketing, business development, corporate development, consulting, or finance
- 5+ years of on-ground professional experience in large Asia markets (ex-China), especially India and Southeast Asia
- Ability to combine strategic thinking with rapid iteration, hands-on execution
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Self-starter capable of working remotely and independently
- Willingness to travel (as frequently as monthly) across Asia and to the US
Exceptional candidates will have…
- MBA from top-tier program
- Partnerships/partner-marketing experience at a leading global tech platform
- Proficiency in Indian and/or Southeast Asian languages
- Study abroad experience at the undergraduate or graduate level, and an intrinsic interest in disrupting the traditional English testing model
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo requires all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.