Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
The Duolingo English Test (DET) is a fully online English proficiency test used for university admissions that is redefining how the world thinks about high-stakes assessments.
The DET Growth Area is responsible for growing our test volume, for our monetization features and infrastructure, and for elevating the experience that our users have with our brand. You will play a meaningful role in making sure that the Duolingo English Test delivers on its promise to lower barriers to higher education via assessment technology!
- Lead a team of software engineers, including setting strategic goals, planning tasks and doing code reviews.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and marketers.
- Find opportunities and deliver on projects that have significant impact on the team’s most important metrics.
- Mentor and grow team engineers by leading by example and supporting career development.
- Proven expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Experience in developing and leading a software engineering team and setting technical direction.
- People management skills, proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Relevant work experience, including industry experience.
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Extensive experience in fast-growing, consumer-facing, data-driven startups.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo requires all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.