Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
You will own the email channel for these platforms and work closely and cross-functionally with these teams to advise on email marketing strategy and drive business metrics. New Initiatives span many different audiences and demographics, from teachers and students to millions of app learners worldwide — and your work will have a big impact on all of them.
- Support New Initiatives Marketing Managers by owning email strategy and campaign execution to help achieve individual marketing team goals
- Create, implement, analyze and report on new strategies (audience segments, workflows, experiments) to continuously improve email performance and business KPIs
- Implement and execute a monthly marketing newsletter calendar in support of product launches and other team objectives
- 5+ years of email marketing and email operations experience in consumer tech, with background in copywriting and content creation
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to prioritize and complete multiple concurrent and time-sensitive requests
- Experience working closely with product, design and engineering colleagues
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing creative, high impact email campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Experiment-first mentality; ample experience with A/B testing and email optimization
- Strong subject matter expertise, including base-level knowledge of deliverability; comfortable advocating for the long term vision of an email program
- Proficient in responsive HTML and CSS coding
- Comfortable working with data and digging into numbers; deep understanding of email KPIs, metrics, and reporting with ability to translate into concrete insights
- A love for outside of the box thinking; a creative approach to email content and problem solving
- Ability to relocate to and/or work from New York, and to travel to Duolingo’s Pittsburgh, PA headquarters every quarter
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Expert HTML and CSS coding knowledge
- Educational tech or marketplace industry experience
- Willingness to learn and challenge the status-quo
- Experience carrying out campaigns in home-grown email platforms
- Proactivity in creating and streamlining processes as needed
- Omnichannel campaign expertise
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $104,400 - $197,800. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo requires all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.