Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
The Duolingo English Test is a high-stakes test — Duolingo style: convenient, fast, and affordable. Students interested in studying abroad can certify their English with the Duolingo English Test in place of other standardized tests like the TOEFL and IELTS. By integrating the latest assessment science and AI, students can take the test online, on demand, anywhere in the world. If you love making a difference in education through technology, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a Assessment Scientist Communications Manager to help share Duolingo English Test research with the university community. This role will support a wide range of research-focused communications and channels.
- Support adoption of the Duolingo English Test in the higher ed admissions process.
- Present DET research and related topics to external stakeholders at conferences, campus visits, events at Duolingo headquarters.
- Produce presentations, white papers, web content, and social media of DET research for a broad audience.
- Work alongside the Assessment R&D, Institutional Engagement, and Marketing teams to support the marketing and communications strategy for the Duolingo English Test
- Help define the short and long term institutional-facing research communications strategy to support the institutional engagement team’s goals
- Collaborate with researchers to ensure scientific meaning is preserved in technical communications for a broad audience
- MA/MS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in research, marketing, communications, or related fields
- Familiarity and understanding of educational research especially in applied linguistics, language testing, second language acquisition, psychometrics, or artificial intelligence
- Impeccable communication and writing skills in English
- Experience leading collaborative work on time-sensitive projects
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional candidates will have
- A PhD/EdD in a related field
- Experience teaching at a university level
- Experience working with academic audiences outside of the US
- Understanding of the academic publishing process
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo requires all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.