Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Join us for this incredible opportunity to lead our company-wide Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging efforts.
- Develop a deep understanding of Duolingo's business, people, culture, and needs
- Lead the continued development of our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) strategy, including identifying opportunities for improvement, setting and tracking against goals, and leading cross-functional groups to develop new initiatives
- Partner closely with groups across the organization that are designing and implementing DEIB programming (e.g., Talent Acquisition, Leadership Development) to drive continuous improvement
- Regularly report out to the company our progress against DEIB goals and initiatives
- Ensure that we are constantly learning from practices and practitioners who have demonstrated success in DEIB
- Outstanding communication skills, and ability to influence people at all levels in the organization
- Intellectual curiosity about people and organizational issues, and a strong growth mindset
- Ability to approach sophisticated organizational problems in a structured way and drive rapidly towards insight
- A “doer” mentality with the ability to translate vision into action
- A passion for amplifying the voices of others and creating spaces for people to share experiences and perspectives
- Significant experience leading scaled DEIB programs, preferably within the tech industry
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships as a trusted advisor to senior executives
- Previous experience working in fast-paced environments and helping organizations scale
- Significant experience effectively working with people from varied backgrounds, and understanding the needs of potentially marginalized populations
- A global perspective and strong awareness of current events and issues related to DEIB
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Impressive Duolingo XP or streak!
Prior experience establishing and leading a DEIB function in a growth stage and/or consumer tech environment
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo intends to require all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.