Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Join us for a rare opportunity to define and lead Workplace Experience and Real Estate efforts for a fast-growing, global technology company that is committed to in-office work and outstanding workplaces.
- Build the strategy for Duolingo’s Workplace Experience and Real Estate efforts globally, and champion and adapt it over time.
- Establish and oversee operational programs, processes, and systems across our workplaces that help us measure and achieve goals.
- Ensure outstanding workplace experience for Duolingo employees across all offices, including food programs, office aesthetics and design, and seamless operations.
- Lead strategy and planning for a global portfolio of office real estate, including space planning and vendor relationships.
- Directly lead and inspire a growing team across offices, including defining organization structure, setting motivating goals, and actively managing and developing others.
- Set the standard for how Workplace Experience and Real Estate collaborates with a very diverse set of partners globally - from employees to senior leadership, IT to Finance, strategic suppliers to government officials.
- Applicable expertise in: space planning, real estate portfolio negotiation and management, workplace design and safety standards, workplace construction and renovations, facilities and vendor management, experience management, and innovation and experimentation.
- Ability to approach sophisticated problems in this field in a structured way and drive rapidly towards insight and solutions.
- Ability to coordinate vision into action, through others and independently.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, both internally and externally.
- Excellent leader of people and teams, including defining roles, coaching, and career development.
- Ability to demonstrate resilience amid ambiguity and constant change.
- Mentality to prioritize and strive for industry-leading excellence in the experience our employees have in the workplace.
- Significant experience leading workplace experience and real estate teams in environments where workplace experience is paramount.
- Ability and desire to work in our Pittsburgh, PA, headquarters 5 days per week, with frequent interaction across time zones and 25% travel to our other offices
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Impressive Duolingo XP or streak!
- Prior experience leading a similar function in a growth stage and/or consumer tech environment.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo intends to require all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.