Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Performance marketing is a growing function here at Duolingo with an increasing focus on global impact. As part of our team, you will focus on paid growth of our free users and subscribers. You will collaborate with internal teams and manage our agency partners to scale and define strategies for maximum impact. Helping drive Duolingo’s user growth, you'll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and advance our mission of making language learning accessible to everyone.
- Identify, explore, and prioritize new opportunities and strategies for Duolingo that will assist with scaling our acquisition and growth efforts sustainably
- Work with our agencies to execute on key campaigns
- Own performance metrics and budget tracking while ensuring findings are shared and coordinated into the team's workflow
- Use historical data, industry benchmarks, and past experience to develop models and provide performance projections to key collaborators
- Collaborate cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Finance, Data Science, Creative and Engineering to thoughtfully scale acquisition efforts
- Lead day-to-day communication with agencies, third-party vendors and key partners (e.g. resolve issues, document challenges, build roadmaps, facilitate collaborative brainstorming sessions, etc.)
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to turn performance marketing data into meaningful insights
- 2+ years of performance marketing experience with a consistent track record driving quality growth
- Strong understanding of the mobile app ecosystem and/or subscription landscape
- Experience in running one or more of these channels: Google AC, Meta, Apple Search and Ad Networks
- Ability to work independently to identify, explore, and prioritize new partners, build partnerships and implement campaigns
- Data oriented, having a sound understanding of mobile user behavior and its analytics, can supervise and implement campaigns based on performance data
- A strong sense for brand and details; a keen eye for creative that gets results
- Excellent communication skills
- STEM or related degree
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Interest in language learning, proficiency in multiple languages, and a passion for EdTech
- In depth knowledge in mobile marketing campaigns
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with marketing tech, especially mobile attribution partners (Adjust, Kochava, AppsFlyer, Branch)
- Proficiency in SQL
- High streak on Duolingo! :-)
Why you’ll love working here…
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches
- Company-wide Hackathon
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo intends to require all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.