Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Duolingo is seeking a Program Manager to drive the design and delivery of company-wide development programs for our leaders.
Reporting to the Director of Leadership Development, you will play a meaningful role in implementing the overall leadership development strategy at Duolingo. With a direct impact on our leaders’ professional journeys, this is a role for an innovative problem solver, creative learning experience designer, skilled communicator, resilient project manager, and dedicated builder who takes pride in all the details.
As a member of the Leadership Development team, you will be supporting curriculum development and instructional design as well as managing training programs including content, logistics, facilitation, measurement, budget, and continuous improvement. You will partner closely with the People Team, employees, leaders, and external vendors to deliver impactful programming that builds critical leadership capabilities.
A day in the life will include...
- Facilitating discussions to identify needs, align on objectives, and plan the strategy for program design, build, delivery, measurement and scale.
- Designing and developing relevant and pragmatic program content. Curating external content, when appropriate.
- Coordinating the involvement of internal and external subject matter experts to facilitate program sessions. Stepping in to facilitate portions of programs, when needed.
- Supporting the design of data-driven approaches to evaluate program success and ensure we are continuously improving the learner experience.
- Selecting and managing external vendor relationships.
- Serving as a contributing team member on special project initiatives (e.g., building out an internal facilitator cadre).
To be successful you will have...
- A proven track-record of delivering company-wide learning solutions in various modalities and formats.
- Experience with learning program design and facilitation, partnering with collaborators to develop training materials, coordinating training delivery, and evaluating program results.
- Exceptional project management skills including prioritization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Thoughtful and clear communication skills in-person as well as through writing and visual content.
- Excellent collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to successfully navigate cross-functional partnerships.
- 4+ years of progressive work experience delivering learning programs at a fast-paced, engineering focused, technology organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Proficiency in GSuite and familiarity with functionality of multimedia tools.
- Ability to work full-time from or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA.
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field.
- Experience creating content for publishing within a learning management system.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' well-being with our benefits here.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention