Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Create stories that will engage, educate, and entertain millions worldwide at Duolingo.
We’re seeking an expert candidate for our Studios team to be a contributor to scripted writing and producing efforts on projects like Duolingo Stories and animation. Our ideal candidate has a broad range of experience on writing teams and producing content in episodic, comedic, scripted formats at a high level, and can lead a creative vision across multiple formats and products.
- Help lead writing efforts for Duolingo Stories, including giving feedback and approval on storylines and scripts and supervising freelance writer assignments
- Set and maintain an extraordinary level of quality for storytelling and engagement
- Develop original stories and scripts for scripted audio, animated, or video projects
- Work closely with creative producing team on recruiting and onboarding writers, casting of voice actors and other creative contributors
- Collaborate with illustrators, animators, producers and directors on audiovisual production
- Evolve and maintain our writing workflows, creative standards, and guidelines
- At least 2-3 years experience in an equivalent role in animation, live action, or episodic storytelling
- Experience leading, or co-leading, a writing or producing team
- Excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency with tools such as Final Draft and Google Docs for writing and collaboration
- A love for storytelling, a penchant for comedy and a deep well of creative ideas
- Experience with creating storytelling for multicultural and international audiences
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Experience in education, language learning or instruction
- A demonstrated commitment to representation, diversity and inclusion in developing creative projects
- Extensive writing contacts and ability to staff and recruit for scripted projects
- Created an original scripted property, including developing characters and bible
- Experience in casting and working with voice and/or screen actors
- Experience directing or producing animated content
- Interest in creating and developing their own projects
- Familiarity with producing for interactive, digital and/or social platforms
- Working proficiency in more than one language, especially one of the following: Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, or Chinese
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' well-being with our benefits here.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo intends to require all employees to return to work from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees feel safe in the office.