The Duolingo English Test (DET) is a high-stakes test — Duolingo style: convenient, fast, and affordable. Students interested in studying abroad can certify their English with the DET in place of other standardized tests like the TOEFL and IELTS. Using AI and remote proctoring, students can take the test online, on demand, anywhere in the world. If you love making a difference in education through technology, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a creative and resourceful performance marketer to help build our brand and accelerate growth in India. You’ll lead our consumer-facing paid marketing efforts for India, while working with an international team to scale the Duolingo English Test brand. As a core member of our global organization, the ideal candidate will not only be an outstanding, self-motivated leader, but also a proactive communicator.
At Duolingo, we are passionate about making fact-based decisions and finding innovative solutions to business-critical problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Performance marketing is a growing function here at Duolingo with an increasing focus on global impact.
- Identify, explore, and prioritize new marketing opportunities and strategies for the Duolingo English Test that will assist with scaling our acquisition and growth efforts sustainably
- Own performance goal-setting (both qualitative and quantitative) while ensuring findings are shared and coordinated into the team's workflow
- Support business objectives with paid marketing campaigns, including conceptualizing, launching, optimizing, and analyzing campaign performance
- Use historical data, industry benchmarks, and past experience to develop models and provide performance projections to key collaborators
- Collaborate cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Finance, Data Science, Creative and Engineering to thoughtfully scale acquisition efforts
- Lead day-to-day communication with agencies, third-party vendors and key partners (e.g. resolve issues, document challenges, build roadmaps, facilitate collaborative brainstorming sessions, etc.)
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to turn performance marketing data into meaningful insights
- 3+ years of performance marketing experience with a proven track record driving quality growth
- An extensive knowledge of the website marketing ecosystem and media landscape
- Experience in running ad campaigns with vertical media partners and on one or more of these channels: Google Search, Google Display Network, YouTube Ads, Quora Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.
- The ability to work independently to conduct due diligence on and prioritize new media partners, build cross-functional relationships, and implement ad campaigns
- A data oriented-mindset, a sound understanding of the consumer funnel and its analytics, and an ability to build visualizations from marketing datasets
- Experience projecting campaign performance, return on investment, and business impact
- A strong sense for brand and details; a keen eye for creative that gets results
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
Outstanding candidates will have...
- Curiosity about higher education, language learning, and education technology
- Experience studying abroad or working with English education institutions, study abroad agencies, etc.
- Familiarity with the English testing market in India
- In-depth knowledge of global, localized marketing campaigns
- A track record of achieving great results with creative ideas rather than large budgets
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working asynchronously with teams across time zones
- Experience with marketing tech, especially web attribution
- A high streak on the Duolingo learning app!
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' well-being with our benefits here.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention