Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Come and be a product leader in our outstanding Monetization Area. With our learning app, we have developed a successful business model based on ads, subscriptions and in-app purchases, without charging users for learning content — staying true to our mission. We are currently responsible for 90% of the company's revenue. We work on growing our revenue primarily by adding more value to our Duolingo Plus subscription, improving subscriber conversion and retention, balancing our virtual currency economy, and optimizing the programmatic ads displayed in the app.
- Work with executive leadership to drive product strategy for a key team in the Monetization Area
- Take on some of Duolingo's hardest and most ambiguous problems and turn them into successes.
- Drive product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Define your key performance indicator(s) which drive monetization and contribute to the company's most important priorities. Achieve them without harming the user experience!
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to explore and validate feature ideas
- Partner with product designers to ensure a fun and delightful user experience in our product
- Work with engineers to help guide feature development
- Perform experiment analysis on features and find opportunities for optimization
- Experience generating outstanding results as a Product Manager at a software company
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology and education
- Ability to apply user insights, data, and statistical analyses to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, curious, and innovative
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Design, Psychology, or equivalent
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA.
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Extensive experience in fast-growing, consumer-facing, data-driven startups, ideally mobile app based.
- Advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, Design, Psychology, or equivalent
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.