Mobile User Acquisition Manager
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 500 million learners and hundreds of billions of data points. We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding elegant solutions to complex problems. While we take our mission to heart, we don’t take ourselves too seriously; we are creative, and we have fun at work everyday. If this sounds like you, then come help us build the next-generation learning company!
As the Mobile User Acquisition Manager, you will focus on helping us build a best in class paid user acquisition program acquiring both free users and subscribers. You will be part of a marketing organization that drives Duolingo’s user growth, you'll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and advance our mission of making language learning accessible to everyone.
- Identify, explore, and prioritize new opportunities and strategies for Duolingo that will assist with scaling our acquisition and growth efforts sustainably
- Own app store optimization (ASO) and work cross functionally to improve App/Play store performance across all geos while maintaining our very high brand standards and our global Apple Search Ads campaigns to drive growth and ROI
- Manage performance metrics (i.e. LTV, CAC, etc.) and budget tracking while ensuring findings are shared cross functionally with the proper partner
- Demonstrate historical data, industry benchmarks, and past experience to develop models and provide performance projections to key partner
- Collaborate cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Finance, Data Science, Marketing Design and Engineering to intelligently scale acquisition efforts
- Manage day-to-day communication with third-party vendors and key partners (e.g. resolve issues, document challenges, create roadmaps, facilitate collaborative brainstorming sessions, etc.)
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to turn performance marketing data into meaningful insights and help build dashboards for reporting
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in growth marketing and scaling tech companies, ideally experience at a mobile first brand
- Highly analytical. You are someone who is able to glean insights from complex sets of information and communicate them to other cross functional partners in a clear, effective way. Cross device (mobile and web) experience is a plus
- Experience within a start-up environment helping build out a performance marketing program; generating outstanding results driving profitable LTV/SAC acquisition on a consumer subscription product
- You have exceptional organizational, budgetary and time-management skills
- Great communication skills and the ability to translate complex concepts into easy to understand strategies for cross functional teams
- Highly proficient in Excel (pivot tables, graphs, formulas, etc.) and Google Suite (specifically Sheets)
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Fluency in multiple languages and a passion for EdTech
- Experience managing ASO for Play and App Stores
- Understanding of full-funnel marketing strategies
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency in SQL
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.