Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
As a Design Program Manager you will help keep the trains running—to the right destinations, on time.
This role reports to a Staff Design Program Manager as a member of the Design team: the instrumental creative partner in most projects at Duolingo. From those that go directly into our mobile apps and website, to ones that shape our brand voice and identity, to community and experiential events—at Duolingo we take pride in and agonize over crafting a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone.
This person will support design projects and facilitate teamwork across all of Duolingo’s products and channels. With project mentorship, you will ensure that the right people are involved at the right times and that we are delivering great work promptly and consistently. As the Design org continues to grow, this future duo will help us optimize existing processes and build better workflows.
- Ruthlessly prioritize projects. With so many teams needing help from Design, this skill is important to ensuring we continue to deliver high-quality work where it matters most
- Always put our Learners first. Coordinate with creative and technical teams to define project scopes and deliver work that meets Duolingo’s user experience and quality standards
- Advocate for design and the wellbeing of the team, removing practical obstacles to completing tasks and projects, and always being on the lookout for ways to improve cross-functional communication
- Lead quarterly team planning, owning the OKR process and capacity planning
- Define and lead every individual team project, making sure resources are allocated and crafting project breakthroughs that align with partner team expectations
- Be the owner of all documentation, constantly capturing requirements and recording them diligently for team members, partners, and future project reference
- Lead all aspects of external vendor and freelance relationships for the Design team
- Plan for and run all project meetings, including kick-offs, critiques, check-ins and weekly team syncs
- Ensure that designers and collaborators are aligned on OKRs
- A meticulous sense of organization, with a passion for operational excellence
- Great ways to prioritize time and goals, as well as designers’
- Effective and efficient written and spoken communication
- Experience from a product company or agency
- The ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Outstanding candidates will have...
- A great existing vendor/production network
- A hyper vigilant attention to detail
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' multidisciplinary well-being with our benefits here.