Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
We are hiring an Associate Customer Support Manager to join a world-class company with a world-changing mission. Your main goal will be to deliver outstanding support to ensure a fun and worry-free experience for our learners! This is the ideal role for someone who is interested in improving existing customer support workflows and building an exceptional workforce in a fast-paced, innovative environment. You will be a champion for our users, working cross-functionally with other teams to report bugs and trends in learner feedback. This position requires a strong critical thinker who can help maintain our stellar metrics when supporting our premium subscribers.
- Monitor metrics to measure overall Customer Support team performance
- Assist with ongoing hiring processes for our Customer Support team
- Manage ongoing onboarding tasks for our Customer Support team
- Build and craft troubleshooting communication for our customers
- Manage execution and success of ongoing training programs for our Customer Support team
- Track user trends and learner feedback
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to track and triage bug reports
- Engage our learners via top social media channels
- Assist with special projects and have opportunities to take on increased responsibility
- Be willing and able to be on call on a rotating basis in the evenings, on weekends, and on holidays
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly professional communication skills
- Basic familiarity with Duolingo products, such as the Duolingo app and our website.
- Ability to navigate and tackle projects independently without sacrificing quality of work
- The interest in dissecting technical processes, improving upon them, and making them easily comprehensible by a variety of audiences
- Ability to work full-time from or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with CRM tools (i.e. Zendesk)
- At least 2-3 years of proven experience
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Conversational in French, Spanish, or Portuguese
- Experience working in tech
- Experience working with remote workforces, especially those spread across multiple timezones
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.