Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
We’re looking for a Strategic Engagement Manager to strengthen and continue developing Duolingo’s relationships with universities in Australia & New Zealand.
You will be promoting the use of our English proficiency test as a fully acceptable alternative to the IELTS, PTE, and TOEFL for international applicants. You must be willing and able to build new relationships as well as sustain and grow those already established.
We are also interested in bringing an individual with deep experience in Australian higher ed, high visibility among peers and an outstanding professional track record for producing measurable results.
- Drive adoption of the Duolingo English Test in the admissions process at Australian universities.
- Find, contact, and develop potential opportunities to turn them into accepting institutions.
- Assess institutions’ needs, and provide assistance and information on product features.
- Build productive trust relationships with higher ed partners.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to implement a local marketing strategy.
- Represent the Duolingo English Test at high-profile speaking engagements.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience and deep familiarity with Australian higher ed
- Strong network within Australia's higher ed and international admissions environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including public speaking
- Availability to travel both domestically and internationally
- This position is based in Australia, thus candidates must have legal authorization to work in Australia.
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Master’s degree or PhD
- Experience with English language testing or learning
- Experience with Australia higher education policy setting
- Experience in partnership development
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.