Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
We are looking for a recent or soon-to-be M.A. graduate with expertise in teaching French. At Duolingo, you will have an opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, where you see the immediate impact of your work on millions of learners worldwide.
More information on our University Programs can be found at university.duolingo.com
What you’ll do...
- Work side by side with content developers, curriculum designers, project managers, and creative producers to deliver educational content for teaching French
- Own the process of writing, editing, proofreading, and reviewing French learning materials across a variety of products and features, from dialogues to narratives to explanations of grammar and pronunciation
- Develop content that is fun, accessible, and targets French learners at specific proficiency levels
- Help develop and implement efficient processes for scaling the creation of content
- Provide French-related pedagogical support to multiple teams
- Train and supervise other course content creators
What we’re looking for…
- M.A. degree: You are currently pursuing (or recently graduated with) an M.A. in applied linguistics, second language studies, French, or a related field. Your graduation date must be between May 2021 and August 2022.
- French knowledge: Full professional proficiency in French, including explicit knowledge of grammar, cultural pragmatics, and differences between dialects.
- Pedagogical expertise: You have experience teaching French, and you understand the difficulties of French learners with different language backgrounds, particularly English. You can write content appropriate in difficulty for French learners at different proficiency levels, and you know how to communicate difficult language concepts (such as grammar or pronunciation) in a simple and accessible way.
- Creative writing chops: You have strong creative instincts and the ability to write within pedagogical constraints to develop content that is engaging to a wide range of learners.
- Operational focus. You are organized and efficient, and strive to continuously improve your workflows and processes.
- Strong communication: You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Multilingual language background
- Experience supervising people
- 2+ years experience teaching French
- Creative writing experience
Why you’ll love working here...
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches, and breakfast and dinner options
- Company-wide Hackathon
- PTO and company holidays
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.